Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Tee: I have issues posting pics like that at work or I would've added a sweet Ali G pic. Wicked. Respek.
You should see the debauchery I post from work. :eek:
Dang you funny picture threaaaaaaaaad!

I've embedded the feed here, along with a link to Malachi's updates on the same page: http://.com/diagne-and-richardson-in-action-tonight-in-nj-playoffs/

I missed the first half, unfortunately...but Diagne had a good half according to the commentators. They showed some highlights...including an impressive drive, dribbling with his left and finishing with a lefty layup. Also, he showed a nice jump hook. Also, blocked a few shots.

Just got the stats...10 pts, 6 rebs, 2 blocks in the half for Diagne...They trail 21-22.

Diagne had a decent second half. Pope John won 52-42. He made a couple of lefty layups. I had him at 4-7 from the FT line, including a missed front end of a one and one. His FT form looks pretty good though. I think he'll be decent to good at the line. He finished the game with 18 points, 11 rebounds and I think 3 blocks...He had a big block with under 2:00 left, with the game very much in doubt. He had three turnovers in the 2nd half and was visibly frustrated when he was called for a walk.

His left hand is very solid...looks like he prefers driving left, even though he's righty. Pope John was able to extend their zone defense quite a bit, knowing they have Diagne inside as a deterrent. His presence was huge on defense, forcing Seton Hall Prep to short-arm a lot of shots or not go in there at all. He looked pretty mobile, trying to extend out to shooters. Seton Hall Prep didn't have an inside presence or much height.

Diagne is going to be very solid for us and I'm starting to think he may be able to play the 4 or the 5.

It's clear that most everyone commenting on the "scandals" has not checked out the details of the charges; and certainly has not read the SU response, assuming there is even knowledge that said response exists.

It's funny Zagoria refers to Diagne as a polished Big Man. I often wonder if guys like Zagoria's definition of what constitutes a polished player is even in the same universe as though of us who don't really see these guys until they take the floor for the first time as frosh? If he is polished I would assume he would come in and demand playing time, but all the discussion here seem to put him somewhere either slightly ahead of Lydon or slightly behind Lydon and ahead of Obokoh on the depth chart.

It's funny Zagoria refers to Diagne as a polished Big Man. I often wonder if guys like Zagoria's definition of what constitutes a polished player is even in the same universe as though of us who don't really see these guys until they take the floor for the first time as frosh? If he is polished I would assume he would come in and demand playing time, but all the discussion here seem to put him somewhere either slightly ahead of Lydon or slightly behind Lydon and ahead of Obokoh on the depth chart.
I thought those that have seen full games of his have come away impressed with his offensive skills and he is a terror on the boards. I would expect him to fight for playing time next year. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor. His one downfall is his position. He is a bit short as a center, although he has very long arms. And he may not have the perimeter skills that we have grown accustomed to in our forwards.

I thought those that have seen full games of his have come away impressed with his offensive skills and he is a terror on the boards. I would expect him to fight for playing time next year. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor. His one downfall is his position. He is a bit short as a center, although he has very long arms. And he may not have the perimeter skills that we have grown accustomed to in our forwards.

Yes, he's a bit of a tweener but is as strong as an ox. That should help him hold own. He's extremely well-built; he will not look like a typical freshman.

I think those having him lower on the depth chart where until recently expecting Byrant to come in which is now apparently up in the air. It seems no one knows. You are talking about having him behind Bryant and Coleman if healthy which is no knock on Diange. I feel completely comfortable with Diange as Coleman's backup next year if it comes to that. Diange can play and IMO will be more ready as a freshman, than Obokoh, Christmas, Student Athlete#7, Coleman and Baye were. If Bryant comes in and Coleman is healthy we simply may not need to play him very much and although I agree that he might play some 4 for us down the line I don't think he will be as ready to do that as a freshman.

Yes, he's a bit of a tweener but is as strong as an ox. That should help him hold own. He's extremely well-built; he will not look like a typical freshman.
Totally agree with both you and Jordoo. If we somehow get Bryant, we have incredible depth in the power positions.

No you have to be agreeable to partying with a rock god and acknowledging their skill in that arena but you don't have to necessarily agree with them. ;)
True, like I don't agree with Ted Nugent on much at all.

I think he can play the wing defensively, and will be most effective in the post at least early on. The middle could be a little clogged with both he and Dajuan in at the same time. But he and McCullough might work well.