Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Fantastic thread, all caught up.

Laughed to myself when I saw this kid listed in starting lineups for next year. That’s all time stuff.

Never underestimate the value of just having a big body to be in there eating up fouls. There’s a reason forth and mcneil worked out so well and it’s because they both were big and strong and didn’t need to really worry about fouls. Do your job on defense too. McNeil was the best center for a press we ever had, imo. We didn’t have that luxury this year because sidibe needed to be on the floor but he couldn’t be because he always fouled.
Big Perm def could handle the press. Fab, Rak and Baye were really good and Mookie was pretty good

Would anyone mind sharing who he ran with in EYBL?
Bluff City Legends from Tennessee. On that team, they have a center who’s committed to Missouri (who is awfulstatistically) their PG committed to Chattanooga, and another player is going to Memphis for football. No other players are D1.

They went 2-11

Last edited:
Maryland actually might be the one to watch here. I'm on the fence. It's all happened too fast and as his mother I just dont know what to tell my boy. But seriously, maryland has lost some bigs and have a few that are really raw. Could be a good landing spot for him. The hamilton thing definitely could be big in his decision and the hometown thing for us could be big. We will know soon enough!

Gotta be us UMD and FSU as the top dogs. Honestly a pretty tough twosome to compete with

Is this kid that good that his mom is making this big of a deal about his announcement?

Gotta be us UMD and FSU as the top dogs. Honestly a pretty tough twosome to compete with
Not saying he won't get there. But are things that bad that we are conceding marginal prospects.

Not saying he won't get there. But are things that bad that we are conceding marginal prospects.
UMD and FSU both do a fantastic job of recruiting bigs and guards also for that matter.

UMD and FSU both do a fantastic job of recruiting bigs and guards also for that matter.
I agree but if things are that bad that we are conceding a marginal recruit from our city. Then things are worse than I thought.

So does anybody have any idea what kind of stats he put up this year or some highlights? Are we sure he exists?!?!:)

FSU does.

What Bigs did Maryland get? Jalen Smith is from Baltimore and was always going there.
At one time I think we were in on Jalen big time. Not sure how close we were to actually landing him but I think we were in it towards the end. I could be wrong though.

At one time I think we were in on Jalen big time. Not sure how close we were to actually landing him but I think we were in it towards the end. I could be wrong though.

That’d be amazing.

Maryland actually might be the one to watch here. I'm on the fence. It's all happened too fast and as his mother I just dont know what to tell my boy. But seriously, maryland has lost some bigs and have a few that are really raw. Could be a good landing spot for him. The hamilton thing definitely could be big in his decision and the hometown thing for us could be big. We will know soon enough!
Couldn't the "too fast" thing be in our favor? I mean, what New York kid grows up fantasizing about playing for Florida State or Maryland basketball? Maybe he was thrilled to get a Syracuse offer, as that's been his dream school, and any hesitancy since then is about due diligence?

I don't think any of these schools has an advantage in terms of preparing him for the NBA. But, as far as 'experientially?" I'll take a Syracuse degree, VPA courses, tri-state/NYC contacts, ACC league play, and 30,000 maniacs over anything College Park or Swampland/Stand Your Ground can offer.

I read he was going to take a virtual tour of FSU. Seems to me if that was decided, he wouldn't necessarily need the virtual tour.