Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

The counter to that is limited for a year with a legit shot to start the following year. Still not an easy sell but easier than the lifetime backup pitch.

That was the pitch to Frank (who was here and liked the school and staff) and he said no. Not an easy sell to players who are leaving a less than ideal situation and looking for something better

That was the pitch to Frank (who was here and liked the school and staff) and he said no. Not an easy sell to players who are leaving a less than ideal situation and looking for something better

Understood. You sell that to a kid like Ballard and he never plays and then it's a rotating door with nothing in the cupboard. It's not easy either direction. You need talent now and the next year and so on.

No, but the defense should be a lot better. The staff wants to bring in another guy, but JB may not want to. Lots of stuff up in the air.
Starting a true freshman and expecting him.to learn the zone just like that is a big ask.

A couple of things. Ballard has enormous size and might turn out to be a stud. Players develop differently and centers normally take time to mature. I think that he is a great get and has the upside if he works hard and grows into his body to be a very good center for us. As long as he is willing to play 5-8 minutes a half this year he has an excellent chance to start or at a minimum play significant minutes the following.

He in my opinion is a great get by the staff.

A couple of things. Ballard has enormous size and might turn out to be a stud. Players develop differently and centers normally take time to mature. I think that he is a great get and has the upside if he works hard and grows into his body to be a very good center for us. As long as he is willing to play 5-8 minutes a half this year he has an excellent chance to start or at a minimum play significant minutes the following.

That is a best case scenario in my opinion. If he can be a beefy, better hands and more coordinated version of Chukwu then great for us.

Believe he can be. And have to imagine he commits on Thursday, no?

Looking up our guys, QB is in the 300s ranking wise on 247. JBA was ranked 480. Just hoping he truly is a hidden gem. Outside his size and offers just not much there to go off of. Again though if staff is all about him then I hope they have it right.

When rebuilding with limited lot space, always discard the deadwood before bringing in the new material. We need both JBA and Ballard like we need a hole in the head.
Bring in the forward...McFly...knock on head....McFly.

Only he isn't a "get" yet.

He's only scheduled a visit. Let's see how it unfolds.

After Jesse leaves, Carey will be our starting center.
You think he will be ready physically to play center in the ACC in one year? I can't see it, there are a lot of big strong guys in the ACC. Grown ass men.

I see Benny as a plus over Jimmy. Between D and rebounds put back baskets the kid is better. Cole is the loss and i dont see a frosh to replace him. Maybe the kid from VA as he is a shooter.
Jesse can score and has to be accounted for by the D
Joe can shoot and has to be accounted for
VA kid can shoot
Mintz can drive and shoot.

I think we are going to have enough and my .02 is that Jim doesnt bring in a forward and if he does he isnt going to be a star.
Enough for what, exactly? Please clarify.

If your goal is to be a bubble team, then maybe.

If your goal is to be Top 25, then you're sorely mistaken.

You think he will be ready physically to play center in the ACC in one year? I can't see it, there are a lot of big strong guys in the ACC. Grown ass men.
I agree w you

Yet JB insisted on playing Marek at center in 20-21, he sees no difference between being skinny and being a Bacot

Leonard Hamilton has done well identifying and bringing in bigs. He and JB have a good relationship. I honestly don't think LH would steer JB wrong if he felt Ballard wasn't a P5 player.