Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Yes jb said so. I believe it when it happens
Such pessimism !!! Whenever JB says it, it happens.....it happens !!! Just dont blink or you will miss the one possession that we do go man....... and then Jimmy will say he has seen enuf !!!

One thing I'm sure of, everybody at Wichita State wanted Quincy to come there. All the coaches and fans there are probably ecstatic that they got an FSU transfer that Syracuse wanted and they will treat him like he's worth something. Unlike many of the boneheads who posted some very negative things about him on this board.
well, as one of the people who wasn't overly enthusiastic about Ballard...I could be wrong, but Ballard had 6 combined points in 3 games vs SU this past season and didn't look particularly impressive, either.

Yeah you can't teach size but with limited roster slots available I just want whatever portal players that come in to at least be potential stars not 4year role players off the bench...

Yes, and we can either believe the incoming freshman, or the 45 year patterns and tendencies exhibited by the coach.
True. But I posit this…

We all know the zone takes time to learn. JB’s teams over the years transfer that knowledge from year to year, team time team. Next year we will be relying on new players perhaps more than ever before. Maybe, just maybe, JB believes he will have to allow the players to rely on their natural M2M experience and athleticism for a while until players can become proficient in zone defense.

True. But I posit this…

We all know the zone takes time to learn. JB’s teams over the years transfer that knowledge from year to year, team time team. Next year we will be relying on new players perhaps more than ever before. Maybe, just maybe, JB believes he will have to allow the players to rely on their natural M2M experience and athleticism for a while until players can become proficient in zone defense.
I'm in the believe it when I see it camp, but if there were a year to mix in some man to man, this would be it, exactly for the reasons you listed. We've seen upper classeman transfers in the past who didn't grasp the zone until midseason.

True. But I posit this…

I'm not saying there isn't some logic to it.

Quite obvious that Wichita St took QB over Frank ,at least a couple of coaches thought he was the better player. I hope Frank comes back ala JBA if we don’t fill the spot with a better player.

It was all about the low crime rate. We never had a chance.

Snark and talent projections aside… it’s kinda sting-ish to ‘lose‘ a player to Wichita State. Any player. I get it—I think—QB believes he can compete against the Bama transfer for significant minutes. It just sucks to be at a level where our uniform isn’t as prized as we think it is/should be. But, that’s also a sign of these recent times, where immediacy is the priority, and everyone is mobile from year to year.

Our roster construction and corresponding trends are problematic. We have 6 newbs and JAB is gonna need a “Serenity Now!” tattoo on his palm. We are all gonna lose our minds from time to time next season.
Remember when we lost a player we wanted to St. Bonaventure (Ossuniyi)? This is becoming sadly something of a norm. But, yes, in both situations possible playing time has been a factor in the decision.

Last edited:
According to Bunch, SU will be playing some.
Is that a promise in the same way he promised Fab he'd start his freshman year?

It would be hilarious if we open the game in m2m for one possession, or until the other team scored and then JAB throws a hissy fit and switches to zone for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Dude frank left because of jesse. And im carey’s number 1 fan, besides mom. Frank needs time now.

He left because of Jesse, yes, but more importantly he left because of all the time Jimmy was given at the 5 instead of Frank. Frank could have played significantly more minutes last year, but it would have cut into Jimmy's time.

He left because of Jesse, yes, but more importantly he left because of all the time Jimmy was given at the 5 instead of Frank. Frank could have played significantly more minutes last year, but it would have cut into Jimmy's time.
Tell me about Frank's practice habits? How do you know he deserved more minutes? I liked Frank as much as anyone else but some people act like Danny Schayes was the backup.

It could be me but frank at the four sounds like a terrible idea. Where is he going to stand on offense? Out of bounds? He would only clog the middle for jesse. I dont get that argument at all.