Class of 2020 - C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Quincy Ballard (NY) Transferring from FSU to Wichita St

Glad Ballard isn’t coming to SU.

If Syracuse really wanted to win next year they would find a way to bring in Emoni Bates and Akok Akok. Kick JBA to the curb (he entered the portal last year and was lucky we took him back) and then you have an ultra competitive roster for next year.

Mintz - Torrence
Girard - Taylor
Bates - Bunch
Williams - Akok
Edwards - Brown

Last edited:
I think this may be the first recruit maybe ever??? That I’m genuinely okay with losing out on? Anyway best of luck to him and best of luck after basketball as well.

With that being said if we ended up with Akok and Bates with the roster we will already have for next year we’d probably be a top 10 team lol

Bates is LEGIT and Akok will kill it here if he’s healthy. Also with that being said, I don’t think there’s a chance Bates ends up here lol

I think this may be the first recruit maybe ever??? That I’m genuinely okay with losing out on? Anyway best of luck to him and best of luck after basketball as well.

With that being said if we ended up with Akok and Bates with the roster we will already have for next year we’d probably be a top 10 team lol

Bates is LEGIT and Akok will kill it here if he’s healthy. Also with that being said, I don’t think there’s a chance Bates ends up here lol
Let Bates be a spokesman for Weitsman’ shredding company for a year before he goes pro. This will provide a much better outcome than W bringing in superstar NFL and NBA players to look bored sitting courtside during SU games.

Btw, SU seems to be way behind the NIL curve so i bet Bates either goes to UT-Austin or the D-League

If Syracuse really wanted to win next year they would find a way to bring in Emoni Bates and Akok Akok. Kick JBA to the curb (he entered the portal last year and was lucky we took him back) and then you have an ultra competitive roster for next year.

Mintz - Torrence
Girard - Taylor
Bates - Bunch
Williams - Akok
Edwards - Brown
Not all that convinced we are trying all that hard to win games these days.

Not all that convinced we are trying all that hard to win games these days.
It's mind numbing to me when people suggest that JB is just not trying hard enough to win. Maybe, things are shaking out this way because JB thinks HE can win what he has and not because he is not trying or doesn't care enough about winning. Occam's Razor/47 years of JB doing things his way.

Mintz - Torrence
Girard - Taylor
Bates - Bunch
Williams - Akok
Edwards - Brown
Good thing the Knicks didn’t tank for Bates like CuseRunner wanted them to.

One thing I'm sure of, everybody at Wichita State wanted Quincy to come there. All the coaches and fans there are probably ecstatic that they got an FSU transfer that Syracuse wanted and they will treat him like he's worth something. Unlike many of the boneheads who posted some very negative things about him on this board.

It's mind numbing to me when people suggest that JB is just not trying hard enough to win. Maybe, things are shaking out this way because JB thinks HE can win what he has and not because he is not trying or doesn't care enough about winning. Occam's Razor/47 years of JB doing things his way.
You both are saying the same thing. JB’s thinking—his way—just isn’t trying hard enough. The entropy is normalized. We aren’t trying to win a conference. We’re at a point where we’re trying to be .500+ and just get into a tournament. JB is working just barely hard enough to do that. Caring about winning and actually doing what is necessary to ensure it are two different things.

How did Emoni Bates enter the discussion? Has there been some indication of interest from one side or the other? Did we recruit him pre-Memphis? Or was that mention just a random wish?

It appears that Frank left because he could see that the future at center is Carey and it appears that Ballard shied away because he saw the same thing. It would be great to have a more ready guy for back up this year, but it doesn't look like that's possible. Carey needs to be working hard as of right now, it's going to be his spot sooner or later.

Dude frank left because of jesse. And im carey’s number 1 fan, besides mom. Frank needs time now.

Dude frank left because of jesse. And im carey’s number 1 fan, besides mom. Frank needs time now.
He wouldn't of stayed if he was going to be the starter next year? I don't think he would be the starter next year, it would either be Carey or a transfer.

Just recruit a starting scoring forward that is big enough to play emergency center. There's definitely some that can make an impact. And he needs to score and doesn't have to be a 3 pt shooter, but there's a few of them that do can both . Quit being lazy and try .

You both are saying the same thing. JB’s thinking—his way—just isn’t trying hard enough. The entropy is normalized. We aren’t trying to win a conference. We’re at a point where we’re trying to be .500+ and just get into a tournament. JB is working just barely hard enough to do that. Caring about winning and actually doing what is necessary to ensure it are two different things.

How did Emoni Bates enter the discussion? Has there been some indication of interest from one side or the other? Did we recruit him pre-Memphis? Or was that mention just a random wish?
I hear you. I think I'm not doing very well at explaining my take. I agree that caring and doing enough are two different things. We are collectively looking from the outside in and surmising that enough is NOT being done. I am in this camp. I'm suggesting that JB cares about winning (not debatable IMO) and that HE (not necessarily me, you, or Joe) also believes that HE has proven that he can win (make it into the NCAAT and win there) by doing things his way (an educated guess as to his psychology). He has 45 years of history to mostly support his belief system. I have reason to believe that he sees last year's record as a fluke and that he believes he can "win" next season with the roster he has today. We don't have to agree with the reasoning (maybe he is right?), but it would be a more reasonable explanation of his actions compared to thinking he is just mailing it in.

I'm not sure on the Emoni-Bates stuff. I didn't enter that into the discussion.

Im actually looking forward to see JBA or Carey get a few minutes and a few fouls next season. Don't have high expectations for the team next season anyway. If everything comes together hope is we make the tourney.

If no transfer comes the coaches must work twice as hard to teach Jesse not to foul .Should be able to reduce the over the back and touch fouls. He would still need 5 minutes per half rest.If that works they will need to coach up JBA for that role.

Actions and results speak louder than words. He also thought last year's roster was good enough. 10 years ago we would never roll into a season with these many questions in our starting five.

If no transfer comes the coaches must work twice as hard to teach Jesse not to foul .Should be able to reduce the over the back and touch fouls. He would still need 5 minutes per half rest.If that works they will need to coach up JBA for that role.
Our coaches can’t teach players that have played their whole lives how to inbound the ball.

This will be an excuse why SU won’t be able to play man next year. I can hear JB already.

This will be an excuse why SU won’t be able to play man next year. I can hear JB already.
IDK I would rather have Brown or JBA guard a center 1v1 rather than play the middle of the zone. Bring them in when the starting center comes out and play some man.