Class of 2023 - C Victor Wembanyama | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C Victor Wembanyama

I’m just not there at all really. I need to see him not shoot 25% from 3 in France this year. He was obviously incredible against Ignite but I can’t put him on the same level as guys like Lebron if he just returns to relatively struggling overseas.

Maybe by the end of the year I’ll be swayed to thinking of Wemby as a top 10 asset in the NBA and stuff, but for now, I’m gonna slow play it and wait and see how he does this year. The beauty here is we should hopefully have an entire year to watch him some more and see if what he showed against Ignite was just a couple outlier nights or not.
BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Dude's awesome.
A few things:

This dude is absolutely comparable to KD at the same age. If you saw KD when he was 18/19, especially in person, it's totally fine to make this comparison for offense. His defensive prowess at the same time blows him away and not just bc of his height. This doesn't guarantee the same success, but you absolutely can compare them.

LeBron has a better handle than Zion. I can't believe I have to write that. Bron is going to end up fourth in all time assists. Just because he isn't Kyrie or Steph with the ball doesn't mean he isn't a great ballhandler. You use the assets you have.

Wemby's risk is health and more specifically his lower body. Everything else is green light for stardom.

I'm stealing this from Bill Simmons, but in terms of trade value, here is who would not be traded for Wemby, imo:
  • Def not: Giannis, Jokic, Luka
  • Players teams are at least listening to and not telling anyone publicly: Steph (no way they do this with Steph, he means too much to the bay but they are at least listening, Bron, Embiid.
  • See ya: KD (Nets would do this in a heart beat), Harden, Tatum, Booker, Ant Davis, Ja, CP3, Kawhi (he just is too injured and will never play a full season again bc of load management - and I love Kawhi), PG-13 (and you can fill in anyone after like Mitchell or KAT or younger guys with upside like Cade).
Here are the top four prospects of all time (in whatever order you want to say): Wilt, Kareem, Bron, Wemby.
Embiid would totally get traded for VW, 76ers wouldn't even care if that was out in the open.

The league will have to pull a Ewing to get him in a major TV market.

He’s what Marek was described coming in.

Smoke Smoking GIF by Mateo LAW$

Boeheim had a dream last night. Zone D with 5 Wembamyamas, they just kept on multiplying

The league will have to pull a Ewing to get him in a major TV market.

Detroit, Houston, and even San Antonio all aren't really second rate franchises. Charlotte has the most talent to go with their pick. Teams 1-4 in lottery odds are better landing spots than 5-10.

Hope he stays healthy.