Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

If I was William Patterson trying to decide on whether to come to Syracuse or not and I read the negativity on this board about him playing for Syracuse, I would have an easy decision.

Then the same people will complain that the coaches did not land Patterson when Syracuse fails to get a qualified center through the portal. Jim Boeheim (even if he retires) will be blamed in either case.
So we should just stroke this kid's ego, and not bring up legitimate concerns? He is a work in progress project, that's a fact. Being 3rd string on your losing record high school team is a valid concern. Maybe if we didn't have 2 center projects already on the team in Hima and Carey, it might be a different story.

If I was William Patterson trying to decide on whether to come to Syracuse or not and I read the negativity on this board about him playing for Syracuse, I would have an easy decision.

Then the same people will complain that the coaches did not land Patterson when Syracuse fails to get a qualified center through the portal. Jim Boeheim (even if he retires) will be blamed in either case.

Excuse us terrible fans for not being super stoked for a kid that has 4 points on the season and can't see the floor on a sub 500 HS program.

So we should just stroke this kid's ego, and not bring up legitimate concerns? He is a work in progress project, that's a fact. Being 3rd string on your losing record high school team is a valid concern. Maybe if we didn't have 2 center projects already on the team in Hima and Carey, it might be a different story.
No, if you can say or find any thing positive then you keep your negative opinion to yourself instead of splewing your what seems to be uniformed opinions.

There are reasons why the coaching staff offered him a scholarship. Do you know what the reasons were?

Excuse us terrible fans for not being super stoked for a kid that has 4 points on the season and can't see the floor on a sub 500 HS program.
See my response above to Cuse’91. It applies to you also.

No, if you can say or find any thing positive then you keep your negative opinion to yourself instead of splewing your what seems to be uniformed opinions.

There are reasons why the coaching staff offered him a scholarship. Do you know what the reasons were?
Fan forums, like most things aren't 100% positive. Most of us are on here to give voice to our thoughts on SU sports. It's not about good or bad, it's about discussion. You really think recruits, players, and their families would respect this site, if it was all a phony compliment fest to try to lure kids to come to SU?

It was me, you can look up The Patrick School on the NJ.com Highschool sports page. Will has only played in 1 game and has 4pts on the season. Also if you look up The Patrick school on YouTube some of the teams they've faced have full live streams... A 6'8 Sophmore, and a 7'2 Junior play Center over Will.

That school does a lousy job keeping stats. I looked before. Most their games don’t get recorded. Right now they’ve played 29 games and the players that’s played the most has played 12. Most are in single digits and many in 1, 2, or 3. It’s not dependable at all. Their total points divided by GP is 25 ppg.

He looks similar to Hima, good athlete for his size but really raw. Great candidate to reshirt while we go get a Filipowski type of transfer.

Quincy Ballard is averaging 10 min per game with 2 points and 2 rebounds for WSU. Good thing we missed on him.

Who in the portal is like Filipowski? I’d love to know who
To further add to that point, even if there was a player like Filipowski in the portal, there is no way that Syracuse will be getting him with all the other blue bloods involved

To further add to that point, even if there was a player like Filipowski in the portal, there is no way that Syracuse will be getting him with all the other blue bloods involved
We landed Swider, Hughes in recent years, with new NIL money, a lot of playing time and a good nucleus coming back could see us getting 2 stud transfers. How did we get Mintz and the 2024 kid?

They whiffed on their top 12:)
Seriously i like this kid. Hope we land him

We landed Swider, Hughes in recent years, with new NIL money, a lot of playing time and a good nucleus coming back could see us getting 2 stud transfers. How did we get Mintz and the 2024 kid?
The premise was a Kyle Filipowski type center. Filipowski was a top 10 national HS player who has had an outstanding freshman year.

Swider was a 3 year reserve and Eli Hughes was from ECU and played sparingly. That’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Yes, we have NIL money but large state universities may have five times as much Weitsman’s as we have.

Also, we play a zone which is a defensive handicap for players who ultimately goal is to go to the NBA. Yes, we do have playing time opportunity but how many top-flight players want to play for a nearly 80 year old head coach who has very little recent NBA talent in the league?

Last edited:
The premise was Kyle Filipowski, type center. Filipowski, what’s the top 10 national player who has had an outstanding freshman year. Swider was the last year reserve and Eli Hughes was from East Carolina and played sparingly. That’s not an apples to apples comparison. Yes, we have an NIL money but large state universities may have five times as much Weitsman’s as we have.

Also, we play a zone which is a defensive handicap for players who ultimately want to go to the NBA. Yes, we do have playing time opportunity but how many top-flight players want to play for a nearly 80 year old head coach who has very little recent NBA talent in the league

Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised, elite players will be available.
Yes, I know elite players will be available, but the competition will be fierce for Filipowski type talent. It’s the same competition as trying to recruit top 50 players. UK DUKE KU TENN AUBURN BAMA LSU OREGON etc…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom