Caitlin Clark | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Caitlin Clark

I think SC is a clear cut #1 for a reason. However, Iowa did a good job on Edwards and Reece the last two games. But, like you said, Cardoso is bigger. If the Iowa offense can get back up to 90 points then they might have a chance. Anything else then it will be a struggle. Should be a good game.
SC was undefeated last year with Cardoso plus Boston on the inside and Iowa still found a way to win against that size disadvantage.

It was a f —- ing foul, right call albeit at a bad time but ref did his job, I’ll never understand where a ref is suppose to ignore a blatant foul regardless of time or place. Did their job. Iowa wins.

sc going to be tough but wouldn’t rule out a CC a heater on Sunday night.

That was a top 3 bad call I’ve ever seen. Wow. Just don’t like to see the game end like that. But that ref knew the assignment lol
I am glad Iowa won & can't believe the attempts to justify that call. A lot of "Don't change the rules just cause it's the end" comments - ok sure but do you watch basketball? Moving screens aren't called much in the 1st half. Different from the Eagles Super Bowl in that regard.
Oh well UConn can suck it.

I am glad Iowa won & can't believe the attempts to justify that call. A lot of "Don't change the rules just cause it's the end" comments - ok sure but do you watch basketball? Moving screens aren't called much in the 1st half. Different from the Eagles Super Bowl in that regard.
Oh well UConn can suck it.

I think the biggest problem was she moved her arms up right before and that was what caused the contact (pretty much a forearm shiver). She made herself bigger at the last moment. You don't see that as much in the men's game because they are usually protecting themselves where it counts. On top of that she was not even close to being set.

In the end it was a blatant foul (see the wide angle), what gives them a right to gain an advantage because it is the last minute of the game?

It felt like the game was gearing up for a great ending, unfortunately we got poor quality from both teams. Thats sports.

Last edited:
I’m surprised with Caitlin. She has absolutely no mid range or pull up game. It’s either a three or a layup. She could get pull ups around the foul line all game but can’t pull up.
I think she goes with the most rewarded shot, the 3, or the highest percentage shot, the layup and eschews the low percentage, low reward long 2.

I think the biggest problem was she moved her arms up right before and that was what caused the contact (pretty much a forearm shiver). She made herself bigger at the last moment. You don't see that as much in the men's game because they are usually protecting themselves where it counts. On top of that she was not even close to being set.

In the end it was a blatant foul (see the wide angle), what gives them a right to gain an advantage because it is the last minute of the game?

It felt like the game was gearing up for a great ending, unfortunately we got poor quality from both teams. Thats sports.
It was a good call and one that was in keeping with the NCAA directive to make the setting of illegal screens a point of emphasis for this season.

Like you say, she probably gets away with it without raising her arms to hook the Iowa player. Dumb play.

It was a good call and one that was in keeping with the NCAA directive to make the setting of illegal screens a point of emphasis for this season.

Like you say, she probably gets away with it without raising her arms to hook the Iowa player. Dumb play.

“Barely leaning”??

She drove into the Iowa player like she was pushing a tackling sled.

Pushed forward with both legs, and both forearms up and extended.

That’s a foul.

At any point in a game.

I hate UConn but they got screwed. The Caitlyn Clark ratings bonanza gets one more night.

I hate to be that guy but the last couple of possessions couldn't have been more convenient and expected Iowa wins but by less than 4 which is what the powers at be absolutely wanted.

“Barely leaning”??

That’s a foul.

At any point in a game.
I will like this even though I do not know why you are responding like this to my post.

I will like this even though I do not know why you are responding like this to my post.

I was quoting the announcer.
From the Twitter clip you posted.

Not disagreeing w your post.

The arms up made it more blatant.
Totally agree.

But if you look closely, she takes a step with both feet towards the player.
She wasn’t remotely ‘set’ in her screen.
Moving screen = foul.

Does that get called if her forearms aren’t up?
We’ll never know.

I was quoting the announcer.
From the Twitter clip you posted.

Not disagreeing w your post.

The arms up made it more blatant.
Totally agree.

But if you look closely, she takes a step with both feet towards the player.
She wasn’t remotely ‘set’ in her screen.
Moving screen = foul.

Does that get called if her forearms aren’t up?
We’ll never know.
Love it in slo-mo. So obvious. It's the furthest thing from a pick. More like a mugging.

Last edited:
With the other angle you can definitely see how wide her feet were. I still think it’s a tough call but not as bad as my initial reaction.

the bigger deal is why so many players feel the need to slide when setting screens. Its the job of the other player to run off the screener. The screener just gets set and what happens, happens. If the screen isn't good enough life goes on.

In the men's game you see so many bigs clearing out the paint on rolls and that's never called.

There are hard screens, moving bumps on every possession. I don't care about either program - but just think this is a stinky look to get whistle happy at exactly the wrong moment.

In the men's game you see so many bigs clearing out the paint on rolls and that's never called.

There are hard screens, moving bumps on every possession. I don't care about either program - but just think this is a stinky look to get whistle happy at exactly the wrong moment.
There's definitely a double-standard, inside vs. outside, but this was neither a hard screen nor a moving bump.

“Barely leaning”??

That’s a foul.

At any point in a game.
I've said before I also cheer for Iowa since my dad went there. But I can usually be very objective when it comes to what I see. I thought it was a pretty close call in the heat of the moment last night. But now that I am seeing the twitter clip fresh for the first time this morning, it wasn't close to legal. I see exactly what you did. You HAVE to call that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom