Can CJ chew gum and dribble at the same time? | Syracusefan.com

Can CJ chew gum and dribble at the same time?

not today

• tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday for sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ORRange

Starter
The consensus of this board doesn't think he would be drafted in the first round or play at all in the NBA. Well last year at this time most of these same pundits had Dion never being chosen before the twentieth pick. Well I thought Dion was a sure fire lottery pick.
Most of these same people thought Ricky had a shot at the NBA. They also thought Kris was a sure fire first round draft pick and maybe even a lottery pick in the summer between his sophomore and junior season.
Needless to say, I strongly disagree with most peoples assessment of CJ. Some of the best myths are he is:
Slow footed. Ask Hardaway about his quick first step.
Unathletic. I won't even respond except he has an uncanny ability to get his shot off in traffic.

This decision CJ has is huge for the program, let's hope he stays put because we can't replace him next year regardless of how anyone views his game. Hard to imagine where we would have been without him this year, but we need him more next year.

CJ's biggest weakness is that he is an undersized PF or a SF who has a shaky handle and no real right hand. Both of those things can be corrected. With how CJ plays outside of injury, I cannot see where his stock would drop any , along with the possibility for him to be an AA, polish up his weakness and be a mid-late first rounder.. or maybe even explode and do better than that. Or he could average 14/7 and go late first -mid 2nd.

The consensus of this board doesn't think he would be drafted in the first round or play at all in the NBA. Well last year at this time most of these same pundits had Dion never being chosen before the twentieth pick. Well I thought Dion was a sure fire lottery pick.
Most of these same people thought Ricky had a shot at the NBA. They also thought Kris was a sure fire first round draft pick and maybe even a lottery pick in the summer between his sophomore and junior season.
Needless to say, I strongly disagree with most peoples assessment of CJ. Some of the best myths are he is:
Unathletic. I won't even respond except he has an uncanny ability to get his shot off in traffic.

This decision CJ has is huge for the program, let's hope he stays put because we can't replace him next year regardless of how anyone views his game. Hard to imagine where we would have been without him this year, but we need him more next year.
I think you are misremembering a whole lot of things...

Most people never thought Ricky had a shot at the NBA. Most people didn't think that Kris was a 1st round talent. Most people thought that Dion was a top 20 pick, though his going 4th surprised EVERYONE, not just people here. Don't say something is a "consensus" and then spout off crap that not many people were actually saying.

It's easy to criticize everyone else when you make things up.

Most of what is being said about CJ'S is fact! He is a very good player that most people want to stay. If he goes good for him but it seems to make sense to stay and polish up some of those things that can be looked at negatively in the NBA. Good luck to CJ with whichever he decides.

I remember back to 08-09 and this guy driving me nuts and wishing we could have a guy who could hit a midrange shot like this guy. Now I always thought the last few years how CJ resembles him some.

I seem to remember CJ rising up and shooting jumpers over Hardaway more than anything. I think he beat Hardaway off the bounce once and maybe Robinson III as well once.

Look, CJ is a VERY good college player who may or may not get drafted this year or next. Going against NBA SF's will be a different animal, obviously.

Also, everybody knew Waiters was at least bottom of lottery. Most people at first were thinking Toronto (8), PHX (13), PHL (15). I personally did not think Joseph would be drafted so I'll own up to that one. Joseph I bet was split close to 50/50 on this board in that dept.

Lot's of comments about CJ being all left, all the time. A fair observation, but couple that with the fact that lefty's also have an advantage in that players are programmed to expect someone to go right. Perhaps, less so in the NBA, but it still doesn't hurt.

What are you talking about?

Everything you said is the opposite of what I thought but I don't remember being at odds with many other people.

Well I'll have to dig up some old threads, then you can apologize.
Yeah, good luck with trying to support your theories by trotting out old threads in which two or three delusional people were saying Kris Joseph was a first round talent. Because after all, that is a consensus.

Most of what is being said about CJ'S is fact! He is a very good player that most people want to stay. If he goes good for him but it seems to make sense to stay and polish up some of those things that can be looked at negatively in the NBA. Good luck to CJ with whichever he decides.

Most of what has been said about CJ is overly generalized truisms, and not factual at all.

My personal favorite--and a staple on this board up through the midway point of this season--was that he couldn't score outside of 10 feet. Preposterous in retrospect, but there were many people clinging to that "observation" not long ago, before CJ started canning 75% of his mid range jumpers and 50% of his three point shots.

Most of what has been said about CJ is overly generalized truisms, and not factual at all.

My personal favorite--and a staple on this board up through the midway point of this season--was that he couldn't score outside of 10 feet. Preposterous in retrospect, but there were many people clinging to that "observation" not long ago, before CJ started canning 75% of his mid range jumpers and 50% of his three point shots.[/

I wasn't referring to what posters here said. It was vague my apologies. I meant what the NBA scouts had mentioned in the article from the other day where they polled 3 teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom