Can somebody name one game in the last | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody name one game in the last

Loving all the new angles we are able to find to beat the hell out of this coach staff. :eat popcorn:
Also in before you don't have to read my post or etc etc etc blah blah blah
image.gif

this was me year three of grob thinking more time was only fair, stats be damned. Don't want to repeat history and ignore the evidence this time around with the definition of insanity in the backround. As I posted elsewhere this is more likely to end like gerg vs. mac if year 4 is granted. When OPA and GO96 are on board that says something.

It's time. And the good news is that knowing he's a good person, it's nice to know he's set for life financially and will get picked up pronto somewhere as a DC so in the big picture he'll be more than fine. I'll go and support next year regardless but in my head this time around I'll KNOW it's delaying the inevitable.

Last edited:
You guys downplaying the youth is being disingenuous.

24 of 46 players on the 2 deep are Sophomore’s and Freshman. Then you add in the fact that these guys are all the leading passers, runners, tacklers and scorers.

The true frosh have had no spring practices (8)
The redshirt frosh have had 1 spring practice (6)
The true sophomores have had 1 spring practice (8)
The red sophs have had 2 spring practices (2)

If this is so normal how are all those other teams doing?

I agree the veteran OLine sucks and we’ve been blasting Adam for 2 years. This is the biggest worry to me because next year you have 5 redshirt freshman joining the mix. If the vets can’t get it done I don’t have much optimism for the younger guys stepping up.

Oh i get it, I don't want to repeat history. Just making a comment about how we finding creative angles to start new threads and beat the staff up :bat:

winning @ nc state and @ maryland by 2 tds + was pretty nice.

Starting 3-0 is nice and playing LSU tough with a 5th string qb is nice. Last year was an anomaly and this year the ball just isn't bouncing our way.

Dont forget Shafer is playing in the ACC - not the Big East.

I still see lots of evidence that the team is moving in the right direction and while he hasn't necessarily proved he can coach at this level, I'm not ready to say he can't yet. I think he should get a 4th year to prove it or not be able to prove it.

Well NCSU finished 3-9 that year, so there's that.

Honestly thought Wake Forest this year. Rough first half. Came out and made adjustments and looked pretty good in the second half.
which sounds nice, except that it's WF.

LSU's the only one I can think of. The kids looked ready to play a superior team; Shafer made some bold decisions.

Minnesota was just a relief - we didn't play very well, Estime pulled the fat out of the fire, Lester's better than that imbecile McDonald, now let's let the kids enjoy a win and a winter break.

this was me year three of grob thinking more time was only fair, stats be damned. Don't want to repeat history and ignore the evidence this time around with the definition of insanity in the backround. As I posted elsewhere this is more likely to end like gerg vs. mac if year 4 is granted. When OPA and GO96 are on board that says something.

It's time. I'll go and support next year regardless but in my head this time around I'll KNOW it's delaying the inevitable.

Mac won 6 games in his third year. And 6 in his 4th. And 7 in his 5th.

:)

Eh, that's a little overplayed.

Against UofL we started 3 seniors and 2 juniors on the OL.

We started a Junior and very experienced Sophomore at WR, and a Junior at TE.

12 of the 21 RB carries went to experienced Sophomores and Juniors.

We're young at QB and one halfback. But the rest of the O isn't uniquely young by modern college football standards. But we're very experienced on the line and at the receiver spot.

Outside of the OL, this whole comment is ridiculous.

Can people decide what the offense consists of- a bunch of young players not ready for ACC or a lot more talented than any group Marrone had? I have trouble keeping up from week to week.

Can people decide what the offense consists of- a bunch of young players not ready for ACC or a lot more talented than any group Marrone had? I have trouble keeping up from week to week.
Can we get a flow chart, please

24 of 46 players on the 2 deep are Sophomore’s and Freshman. Then you add in the fact that these guys are all the leading passers, runners, tacklers and scorers.

I agree the veteran OLine sucks and we’ve been blasting Adam for 2 years. This is the biggest worry to me because next year you have 5 redshirt freshman joining the mix. If the vets can’t get it done I don’t have much optimism for the younger guys stepping up.

NCState starts over 20 freshman.....

qdawgg said:
NCState starts over 20 freshman.....

I'm not gonna look it up but I really doubt that. Of 22 starters 20+ are freshmen,

NCState starts over 20 freshman...

Not even close unless this DC is wrong. They start 1 true freshman and 1 redshirt freshman.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/nc-state/91280

Nit State starters:

Freshman = 1
Redshirt Freshman = 1
Sophomore = 7
Redshirt Sophomore = 2

4 on Offense
7 on Defense

TOTAL 2 DEEP

Freshman = 7
Redshirt Freshman = 6
Sophomores = 11
Redshirt Sophomore = 5

14 Offense
15 Defense

= 29 of 49

NC State is 6-3. They had 4 padded wins. (Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion and South Alabama)

2 more wins against (wait for it) Boston College and Wake Forest.

Syracuse with the same schedule has the same record (6-3).

Not even close unless this DC is wrong. They start 1 true freshman and 1 redshirt freshman.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/nc-state/91280

Nit State starters:

Freshman = 1
Redshirt Freshman = 1
Sophomore = 7
Redshirt Sophomore = 2

4 on Offense
7 on Defense

TOTAL 2 DEEP

Freshman = 7
Redshirt Freshman = 6
Sophomores = 11
Redshirt Sophomore = 5

14 Offense
15 Defense

= 29 of 49

NC State is 6-3. They had 4 padded wins. (Troy, Eastern Kentucky, Old Dominion and South Alabama)

2 more wins against (wait for it) Boston College and Wake Forest.

Syracuse with the same schedule has the same record (6-3).

I was watching the telecast and one of the commentators said, they start 20 some odd freshman. Which might have been for that game only because of injuries or based on depth chart or just not accurate. So that's essentially how it all started. But again, it seems I was wrong, so my fault.

True frosh rb's at Pitt and fsu torched us

OK, when you are 3 and 9, then 3 and going on 9, you aren't going to find a signature win. Pretty obvious.
Best games -- BC, Minny in 2013, and a Hunt-led easy win at Cent Mich in 2014. After that, the close losses vs Pitt and UVa, or one half of games early this season.
A very weak case.

And what is the case? You have to believe that the 2015 recruiting class was the deepest in years (it was) and that the 2016 will match it (not apparent, but maybe). Because regardless of schemes and game management (not that they are unimportant), this program needs to elevate its talent.

Why do I have to see people talk about our "talent" in every freakin thread!? Enough, my goodness, we rank at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting and it shows. How are some of you so blinded to this?? I'm literally starting to become at a loss for words to this phenomenon.

Like, yea, check out our awesome running backs.. Um, most teams we've played this year have had running backs just as good or better. The FSU freshman blows them out of the water.

What talent do you speak of at WR? Ishmael? Ok, cool...one guy. Do we even have a Tight End anymore?

Dungey is decent but he's not a Deshaun Watson level freshman.

I'm really struggling to see where all this unbelievable young talent Shafer has brought in is hiding. We play in the ACC, in the toughest division. Either recruit better or coach better. Shafer does neither at an even average level.

LSU was well coached. HCSS isnt the problem it is his friends that he hired.

I really think that Adam should be given a certificate to the Golden Corral and shown the door. If he has room in the car after he gets in he can give Reed a ride to the airport as well

I thought we looked like we knew what we were doing a few years back at Maryland.

LSU was well coached. HCSS isnt the problem it is his friends that he hired.

I really think that Adam should be given a certificate to the Golden Corral and shown the door. If he has room in the car after he gets in he can give Reed a ride to the airport as well
The real problem is Lester. His offense just doesn't work at this level. Players are too fast and too disciplined for his misdirectional type plays. There is a reason no one else plays it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom