Can somebody please start a Fire and Fck Bud card | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody please start a Fire and Fck Bud card

kcsu

Living Legend
Im not sure how to set it up but could someone please start a card that we can send to the post standard asking for Bud to be fired. blow hard for taking a shot at Missy and the family. Total clown who should be kicked out of Syracuse University sports forever. Bud im surprised they name you Dick.

Im not sure how to set it up but could someone please start a card that we can send to the post standard asking for Bud to be fired. blow hard for taking a shot at Missy and the family. Total clown who should be kicked out of Syracuse University sports forever. Bud im surprised they name you Dick.

I'd sign it.

My letter to Bud that I just sent.

Mr Poloquin, there was a time, it seemed, when there was honor in your profession. A time when a man would write about another man, and not bring his wife in to the conversation. After reading your column (if you have the nerve to call it that) today, I can see that the time when a man acted like a man and wrote like a man has indeed passed us by. From your own words, Missy Shafer wasn't talking to you. She was talking to someone else. But, like the small man that you are , you stole her words and used them to get some cheap clicks for your column. I can't help but think that life must be terrible for you. A small man doing a small job. No real talent or skills. The Post Standard has some excellent beat reporters. You don't have the talent to be a beat reporter. Don't have the brains or the skills to be a real columnist. It must have killed you do read someone like Sean Kirst, knowing that the folks would read him and see the difference. So, what do you do? You do what any cheap hack does. You take one cheap shot after another. It's funny because as poorly as Coach Shafer did, he was still better at his job than you are at yours.
I'm reminded of another small man. This man, like yourself, a bully. And like every bully I have ever known, at his core a coward. And finally one day, a man, a Boston lawyer named Joseph N Welch, put this small man in his place in front of the entire country. His words ring true today for you as well. He said, at long last sir, have you no sense of decency? It's too bad that question was answered long ago in your case. I look forward to the day they send you packing.

Mr Poloquin, there was a time, it seemed, when there was honor in your profession. A time when a man would write about another man, and not bring his wife in to the conversation. After reading your column (if you have the nerve to call it that) today, I can see that the time when a man acted like a man and wrote like a man has indeed passed us by. From your own words, Missy Shafer wasn't talking to you. She was talking to someone else. But, like the small man that you are , you stole her words and used them to get some cheap clicks for your column. I can't help but think that life must be terrible for you. A small man doing a small job. No real talent or skills. The Post Standard has some excellent beat reporters. You don't have the talent to be a beat reporter. Don't have the brains or the skills to be a real columnist. It must have killed you do read someone like Sean Kirst, knowing that the folks would read him and see the difference. So, what do you do? You do what any cheap hack does. You take one cheap shot after another. It's funny because as poorly as Coach Shafer did, he was still better at his job than you are at yours.
I'm reminded of another small man. This man, like yourself, a bully. And like every bully I have ever known, at his core a coward. And finally one day, a man, a Boston lawyer named Joseph N Welch, put this small man in his place in front of the entire country. His words ring true today for you as well. He said, at long last sir, have you no sense of decency? It's too bad that question was answered long ago in your case. I look forward to the day they send you packing.

Perfect. He's such a worthless putz.

Great job. Bud really needs to be fired

dasher said:

Needs to be sent to the sports editor too, and the paper management as a whole. One thing to write it, another thing to let it be printed.

Guy is the whizbangiest buffoon of a "columnist" in this burg that there is

Seems like people are reading the paper.
I love to read. I read newspaper and books every day. For me, it's right up there with following the Orange. I love living in the world we live in but I regret not living in a time when cities had 5 or 6 newspapers. As for my response to Bud, I love the business but am disgusted by what he wrote. What is next? A shot at wolf?

Seems like people are reading the paper.
I guess so. Surprisingly. Personally I have no interest in these hacks but it seems like their job nowadays is to earn those "coveted" clicks. So you either have great content or you have controversial content. We know Bud is never going to have great content. So I guess I feel better knowing that I have five extra minutes of my life I chose not to waste. Lucky me.

Needs to be sent to the sports editor too, and the paper management as a whole. One thing to write it, another thing to let it be printed.

Guy is the whizbangiest buffoon of a "columnist" in this burg that there is
I sent in a response to Val Vecchio that made it's way in to the paper after she took a shot at Conrad McCrae on his death of all things. I may have to call the sports editor tomorrow.

I love to read. I read newspaper and books every day. For me, it's right up there with following the Orange. I love living in the world we live in but I regret not living in a time when cities had 5 or 6 newspapers. As for my response to Bud, I love the business but am disgusted by what he wrote. What is next? A shot at wolf?
I didn't click on the article and won't but if there is a comment section, please post your letter. I know that hacks at Syracuse.com won't necessarily appreciate your well worded response but at least it might make you feel better that you were able to get it out there.

I re-read the first couple of paragraphs. Honestly don't see what the big deal is. The guy made a lot of money, was hardly tortured by anyone. The people up there and the press seem very gentle and nice.

I re-read the first couple of paragraphs. Honestly don't see what the big deal is. The guy made a lot of money, was hardly tortured by anyone. The people up there and the press seem very gentle and nice.
You don't bring wives in to it. Off limits and she wasn't even talking to him.

You don't bring wives in to it. Off limits and she wasn't even talking to him.

Private conversations have become fair game, sad but whatever.

Hopefully they take a nice vacation.

My problem is that it's uninteresting. The guy writes what, one to two columns per week, and that's his choice?

I'll survive if the PS never has another good columnist, I have enough to keep me interested. But it is a disservice the way he writes.

At the very least his parents could have named him Richard...so we could call him Dick.

Yea i guess im missing it too. I must be reading it differently. I took missy's words as tongue in cheek.

You have to be kidding. The A hole eaves drops on a private conversation and prints it. He is a complete Dick

If I were the wife I'd send him a postcard from someplace he cannot afford to go.

It's just whatever, I'm surprised people are that worked up about it. Would guess it's more the dislike of the writer. :noidea:

If I were the wife I'd send him a postcard from someplace he cannot afford to go.

It's just whatever, I'm surprised people are that worked up about it. Would guess it's more the dislike of the writer. :noidea:
I would like to see him write something like that involving Julie B. He could show me something then.

I knew all I needed to know about the Pest Standard once they got rid of Dave Rahme. The decline in quality of that "newspaper" has been appalling over the past five years or so. Better information from the local TV websites, the Daily Orange, and the Syracuse New Times.

Apparently you don't like Poliquin or his work, but you're a smart guy. You couldn't criticize his work without stooping to an ad hominem attack?