Can Syracuse beat Boston College? | Syracusefan.com

Can Syracuse beat Boston College?

blust2i3d4

Starter
Boston College just beat a very good 10-2 Providence team today. At least BC has beaten a very good team that is NCAA tournament bound.

Boston College just beat a very good 10-2 Providence team today. At least BC has beaten a very good team that is NCAA tournament bound.

If Syracuse is not able to get a win off BC, maybe Syracuse could get a win from Clemson. But Clemson just beat South Carolina by double digits this week. Hope Syracuse won't be winless in ACC this season. That would be tragic.

If Syracuse is not able to get a win off BC, maybe Syracuse could get a win from Clemson. But Clemson just beat South Carolina by double digits this week. Hope Syracuse won't be winless in ACC this season. That would be tragic.

Clemson beat USC in Columbia 62-60. The Gamecock's missed an open 3 at game's end for the win...hardly a double digit defeat...just saying. ;)

Don't you worry about it.

Providence already secured an NCAA bid. Impressive. I think we will beat BC to answer your question.

I think we beat BC but no way we are going to Clemson and winning, IMO. We've had problems with them before and they still play with those physcial but smaller tough athletes playing good M2M and crashing the boards. Not exactly a good matchup.

I think we beat BC but no way we are going to Clemson and winning, IMO. We've had problems with them before and they still play with those physcial but smaller tough athletes playing good M2M and crashing the boards. Not exactly a good matchup.
yeah really tough to see this team (how it's looking right now) beating Clemson - likely be their 3rd straight win over us Oh Lord

Yes, this team can be BC.

SU lost to Gtown & St Johns last year and still went 9-9 in the ACC. Not saying they will go .500 by any means, or that this team is any good- but the sky isn't falling quite yet.

I'm going to make a Fuccillo HUGE assumption that SU can beat Cornell. That would mean they'd have to go 8-10 in ACC play to finish one game over .500 at the end of the year (16-15). If they went one and done to finish at 16-16 I'm going to make another assumption that they would decline a bid to the CIT/CBI type tourney as they would not make the NIT.

I think we will go 6-12 in the ACC play. We aren't good but this team will make shots and win some games.

Yeah, the transitive property always holds so well in college basketball. There is no hope left for this team.

Yeah, the transitive property always holds so well in college basketball. There is no hope left for this team.

Let's discount that they lost to Harvard, Hartford, and Fairfield. They beat the Friars. Look out for those guys. Eagles to win out!

If something doesn't drastically change, wins are not a guarantee against anyone.

Current RPIs.

Harvard - 96
Fairfield - 118
Syracuse - 201
Boston College - 208
Hartford - 298

I wouldn't take anything for granted.

Men's RPI Ratings | RPIRatings.com

December RPI as a measuring stick? Hmm. Certainly not taking anything for granted. But essentially questioning if Syracuse has less than a 0.1% chance to win against BC due to a victory over Providence is weak. And as the 3rd post by the OP, with the 4th post immediately after(quoting their own post) suggesting a winless ACC slate? Come on now.

To add to it, this person first showed up on the UCONN thread. Something stinks here.

I declare shenanigans.
IMG_6079.GIF

December RPI as a measuring stick? Hmm. Certainly not taking anything for granted. But essentially questioning if Syracuse has less than a 0.1% chance to win against BC due to a victory over Providence is weak. And as the 3rd post by the OP, with the 4th post immediately after(quoting their own post) suggesting a winless ACC slate? Come on now.

To add to it, this person first showed up on the UCONN thread. Something stinks here.

I declare shenanigans.
View attachment 85611
thinking the same

I declare shenanigans.
View attachment 85611

It sucks, but the (unthinkable) reality right now is that there is not a single game left on our schedule (besides Cornell) that we can be 100%, or even 90%, confident that we will win. Three of our losses this year have been to teams that have lost to some TERRIBLE teams, and yet we still couldn't beat them. It's gonna be a long winter on the Hill and it sucks big time, especially given what I have to put up with year in and year out with my football teams each Fall.

We lost by 33 at home to St John's - you don't really get much worse than that. I pretty much expect them to lose (at least once) to BC now.

You guys forgetting about what happened last year already?

I still expect double digit wins in conference.

What compares this year to last year?
Early, very disappointing losses to supposedly inferior competition.

I'm not giving up until at least 5-7 games into the conference schedule, thats when true colors begin to show. Refuse to believe these kids are "giving up", as well as boeheim, after one ass kicking. I'm not nearly as big a Boeheim fan as most on here, but I believe it's too early to tell whether this team is hopeless or not.

Nothing. Nothing at all. There is no element whatsoever that connects the two teams.

Despite the differences in score, do you mean to tell me we beat Georgetown, Wisconsin and SJU last year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom