Can Syracuse University end the charade that is the 'Orange' nickname? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can Syracuse University end the charade that is the 'Orange' nickname?

You are absolutely right on this one. The 2007 football season Orange jersey was disgusting, the shade of orange just killed made it look putrid.

upload_2014-4-17_11-42-59-jpeg.11235

If they cleaned up on the numeral font on this jersey it would fine. If we wanted to wear white pants with these tops I wouldn't object either. I am okay with the Orange/Orange/Orange look though.
I think that pic is from 2004. Which wouldn't have been too bad if the pants had actually matched the jerseys.

This is from 2007. The abominable orangemen.

Meldrum.jpg

I think that pic is from 2004. Which wouldn't have been too bad if the pants had actually matched the jerseys.

Meldrum.jpg
I know the picture I posted was from 2004 it was Sr. day against Pitt. My point was our 2004 Orange/Orange/Orange wasn't as bad as the 2007 GRob crap Millhouse and you posted. I thought the 2004 shade was fine, but the 2007 shade was putrid.

Meldrum.jpg
Therein lies the inherit problem with all orange unis... It is nearly impossible to exactly match the shade of orange on the jersey/pants/helmet... Even if they do match at the start, sun fading will change that as the season progresses...

First I want to clarify that I'm one of the few that actually kind of like the new uniforms.

That said, can we just end the "Orange" already?

Orangemen was pretty cool, especially back when it meant something.
Orange was stupid but we collectively kind of shrugged our shoulders because what's the point in getting upset about it.

Now not only does SU have a stupid nickname but it doesn't even make sense considering the uniforms our football team wears.

I just wish Syracuse University would drop the 'Orange' nickname already and come up with a new one. Just change it to something else, add blue and possibly gray as the official colors (along with orange for traditional purposes), and be done with it.

Lawrinson - please make a photoshop of a navy blue Otto. It's only a matter of time anyway.

If they add in orange pants, then the unis have the same color scheme as they have used for a long time...

All I know is that we definitely don't want to go back to these:

cuseblows.jpg

Scooch said:
And then the University didn't replace that with anything. It boggles the freakin' mind that SU just punted on having a mascot. So the cheerleaders came up with a very cheerleader idea... "We're the Orangemen, so how about an orange?!" Couldn't SU have tweaked the depiction of the gladiator to make it a bit more appealing? The lack of coherent thought on the Hill regarding mascots, logos, etc. is/was baffling.
I would take some updated version of the warrior over Otto any day of the week.

A lot of good points. All I know is that there's no way "the orange versions weren't ready yet" is a viable excuse. Nike could literally have them made in a day and overnight them. The design is already done--just need to change the fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom