Can we stop the Jay Wright as our next coach now? | Syracusefan.com

Can we stop the Jay Wright as our next coach now?

cliftonparksufan said:
I've pimped Sean Miller in the past. People said they either didn't want him or we couldn't afford him. I say we keep him on the table.

He put on a heck of dribbling exhibition in The Dome during HT as a kid.

44cuse

we can't afford him. Plus, it isn't a step up for him.
Let's pretend that we can afford him because we don't really know what his number truly is. Except for maybe Kentucky, I'm not sure what is a step up from Zona, but the advantage we have is that we are a northeast team and he is a northeast guy (sort of).

Not that I want Sean Miller but the notion we can't afford him would be a bit concerning. Apparently we're the only Top 10 basketball program who can't afford Sean Miller?

He put on a heck of dribbling exhibition in The Dome during HT as a kid.

44cuse
I thought that was on Johnny Carson. If he did it at the dome then it's a no brainer.

We could afford Sean Miller but he isn't leaving a top 10 job in a weak major basketball conference for a top 10ish job in the toughest major basketball conference.

I like Wright, but two years in a row flaming out in the round of 32 as a 2 and 1 seed is inexcusable.

Not that I want Sean Miller but the notion we can't afford him would be a bit concerning. Apparently we're the only Top 10 basketball program who can't afford Sean Miller?
Boeheim exaggerated when he said he's the 45th highest paid coach in the country, but I doubt he is in the top 20.

We could afford Sean Miller but he isn't leaving a top 10 job in a weak major basketball conference for a top 10ish job in the toughest major basketball conference.

I like Wright, but two years in a row flaming out in the round of 32 as a 2 and 1 seed is inexcusable.

Syracuse is a better job than Arizona, but I agree. Miller is set where he is now and he's killing it out there.

And with regards to Wright, Villanova is a small private Catholic school near Philly and has no business being a consistent top 15-20 program even with their history. Wright has done a remarkable job there.

Take away 09 and Wrightt and Dixon have the same resume. Great regular seasons, and consistent early flameouts.

Even if the money were the same, would you move from Tucson to Syracuse?
No normal person would but you never know what he is thinking. Northeast, the Carrier Dome, great conference. Cuse has a lot going for it.

At some point I could see someone wanting be a large fish in a bigger pond. He's not becoming one of the biggest name coaches in America at Arizona.

with recruiting tools like this, why would Miller ever leave Arizona?
I was lucky enough to be at the first/second round games in Miami in '09. The games weren't great (even though SU advanced). But Arizona and Arizona St were both there, and they both brought dance teams. Worth the price of admission.

the 4 guard offense isn't made for deep tourney runs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom