Can we talk about the play calling? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can we talk about the play calling?

Cordy never turns and looks for the ball. There were times last night that if he just turned his head he might have been able to make a play on the ball. Iffy can get away with that because he is tall with long arms. Cordy well lets just say he is vertically challenged like me. Refs were horrible last night. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how many times the Clemson wide outs pushed off last night and Syracuse got called for pass interference.

I never saw a single player look up for the ball.

The goalline play calling was horrible imo. Two up the middle and then the obvious bootleg, and dont get me started on the fourth down call. Simmons said he knew tommy was bootlegging there. Shouldve tried that on first down when its less expected. Also, why not try the fake dive then pass to te that seemingly works every time. The fourth down design was horrible. Just ran the rb out and te to the short side of field where both were blanketed by multiple defenders.

This is where we miss Dungey the most. Our most effective goal line plays the past few years were using him as the power runner.

Maybe its hindsight, but i thought the boot was obvious there.

The difference is their guy read it and made a play, while our senior safety bit on the fake and had no idea the QB was running by him

I would take Scoop over Cordy every game. Wonder what the coaches see as Cordy's advantage.

Cordy ended up getting benched and Scoop went in. Scoop promptly played well with an end zone PB if I’m not mistaken. No idea why Cordy got the nod over Scoop who has had a solid career and mostly tackles well. Cordy should’ve been regulated to specials and the third CB.

Cordy ended up getting benched and Scoop went in. Scoop promptly played well with an end zone PB if I’m not mistaken. No idea why Cordy got the nod over Scoop who has had a solid career and mostly tackles well. Cordy should’ve been regulated to specials and the third CB.

Scoop also gets beat badly in coverage as well.

Regarding the play calling, I would like to see WR screens and quick slants where Tommy can quickly get rid of the ball. That's what Clemson used when Syracuse dialed up the pressure early on.

Scoop also gets beat badly in coverage as well.

Regarding the play calling, I would like to see WR screens and quick slants where Tommy can quickly get rid of the ball. That's what Clemson used when Syracuse dialed up the pressure early on.

Not to my recollection does he get beat badly. Hard to be flawless at corner getting thrown at all game long and covering the other teams #1 most games. Not to mention he’s a good tackler. Our group loves Scoop, feel that he was rightfully jumped by Iffy as CB #1 but no way in hll should Cordy be playing over him.

Anyone have any idea what happened with Cisco? He seemed to pull some leg muscle in the first half and I think that contributed to a lot of the reserves seeing more time than we would like.

This is where we miss Dungey the most. Our most effective goal line plays the past few years were using him as the power runner.

Dungey extended so many drives w his feet. No doubt.