Cant believe | Syracusefan.com

Cant believe

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
Syracuse hasnt started to recruit a friend of mine who I have played with and against these past couple of years.. He used to be a complete ditz and all he could do is just spot up and shoot. Now he is unreal. 6'8 atleast and can light it up. He has big offers as well. Would be perfect fit at Syracuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCH7q6qoMzU

Syracuse hasnt started to recruit a friend of mine who I have played with and against these past couple of years.. He used to be a complete ditz and all he could do is just spot up and shoot. Now he is unreal. 6'8 atleast and can light it up. He has big offers as well. Would be perfect fit at Syracuse.

I was wondering the same thing before when I started to hear more about him over the past few months. I think the main reason why the staff hasn't shown much interest in him or any other wings for this class currently is because we're pretty much set at the wings with Grant, Roberson, BJ, and McCullough coming in. Plus you have Bryant and Jones being heavily recruited for 2015.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing before when I started to hear more about him over the past few months. I think the main reason why the staff hasn't shown much interest in him or any other wings for this class currently is because we're pretty much set at the wings with Grant, Roberson, BJ, and McCullough coming in. Plus you have Bryant and Jones being heavily recruited for 2015.
[/quote]

Thought the same thing Francis. Least thing the cuse need is a wing but he has been growing like a weed. Every time I see him he grows like 2 inches. He defines LONG... But what do you think the 14 class ends up being? Know of CM. Thinking a PG? And maybe another big?

Thought the same thing Francis. Least thing the cuse need is a wing but he has been growing like a weed. Every time I see him he grows like 2 inches. He defines LONG... But what do you think the 14 class ends up being? Know of CM. Thinking a PG? And maybe another big?[/quote]
Right now it seems like the plan is to grab both Joseph and Whitehead but I'm not sure how realistic that is but we'll see. I think getting another big will come into play but right now it doesn't seem like we're going hard after one but we should find out more when the evaluation period begins next month. I would think Chukwu and Goodluck will get plenty of looks.

No idea what his level of interest would be. Certainly would be worth recruiting, as there is a chance Jerami Grant is gone, and we all think that McCullough is more likely than not a 1 year player. Good looking stroke and very athletic, skinny like most of our forward recruits. 41% from three as a high school junior, has an awful lot of upside. May have a James Southerland type trajectory, sped up by a year given that he looks comfortable in that 10-15 foot range (obviously, I'm basing my entire opinion on a 4 minute highlight reel).

Send an email or call the staff.

Definitely worth looking at. Maybe James Southerland 2.0??

Definitely worth looking at. Maybe James Southerland 2.0??
Looks like he can dribble somewhat so don't see him as South 2.0. An accurate comparison seems more like Jerami Grant

Looks like he can dribble somewhat so don't see him as South 2.0. An accurate comparison seems more like Jerami Grant
You see more Grant? Really? Only time I see Grant is when he dunks. This guy has a deep shot and great looking mid range. Reminds me of Dirty.

You see more Grant? Really? Only time I see Grant is when he dunks. This guy has a deep shot and great looking mid range. Reminds me of Dirty.
Grant has some dribbling ability and a pretty decent mid range game when he was at Dematha. He looked a lot like this kid in high school, looks worse now that he faced Big East defenses as a freshman

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if next month during the evaluation period we hear the staff showing interest in this kid and Terry Larrier, who is similar size and plays AAU ball with McCullough. Both Robinson and Larrier have played themselves into consensus top 40 players. As NH mentioned above, we all expect Grant to blow up and nobody is expecting The Hammer to hang around long. So adding some depth to the wings couldn't hurt.

Why wouldn't the staff look at this kid, even with who we have in the fold? I understand the logjam on paper right now, but who knows how it all plays out. Plus, how many long, athletic kids are there that can shoot the 3 well? He could be a killer player for this program with his apparent skills.

Is this kid a legit 6'8" or so, or is he a 6'5"ish kid who could be a SG and play up top here?

Looks like a much better prospect than Southerland. He's more athletic, can actually dribble a little and hit mid range shots. Southerland didn't develop some of those skills until his junior and senior years. Problem is, and it's a nice problem to have, SU is recruiting at such a high level that players like Robinson are plan B options.

This kid looks great! But can he stink it up like Dirty? It's one think to be able to drain a couple 3's. But can you nail a contested 3 and then cut a loud crackler at will?

My initial thoughts re: his comparison with JSouth were due to his ability to shoot over a defense with his length and high release, and his elevation at the rim. For Dirty, that was kind of the whole package, with improving defense as his career progressed. Robinson on the other hand does appear more comfortable putting the ball on the floor at least a little, and I suspect he could turn into a big-time player. Looks like a great back line player in our zone as well. If he were interested, I wouldn't hold my breath for "better options" in '15.

Why wouldn't the staff look at this kid, even with who we have in the fold? I understand the logjam on paper right now, but who knows how it all plays out. Plus, how many long, athletic kids are there that can shoot the 3 well? He could be a killer player for this program with his apparent skills.

Is this kid a legit 6'8" or so, or is he a 6'5"ish kid who could be a SG and play up top here?

Kid is a LEGIT 6'8.. Without a doubt.. Like I said earlier, grows like a weed. Really tall and long. Skinny as heck but gosh dang, he has some bounce. He is very good now... I cant believe it myself personally but I just heard he moved like 100 spots in the rankings to a five star. Unreal... He will blow up a lot more in the july period

My initial thoughts re: his comparison with JSouth were due to his ability to shoot over a defense with his length and high release, and his elevation at the rim. For Dirty, that was kind of the whole package, with improving defense as his career progressed. Robinson on the other hand does appear more comfortable putting the ball on the floor at least a little, and I suspect he could turn into a big-time player. Looks like a great back line player in our zone as well. If he were interested, I wouldn't hold my breath for "better options" in '15.

I honestly am shocked the cuse staff hasnt been going after him. Great shooter, and I think has a lot more capabilities athletically than James Southerland. Sure Southerland is athletic, but DRob seems to know how to use it a lot better.

The more I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if next month during the evaluation period we hear the staff showing interest in this kid and Terry Larrier, who is similar size and plays AAU ball with McCullough. Both Robinson and Larrier have played themselves into consensus top 40 players. As NH mentioned above, we all expect Grant to blow up and nobody is expecting The Hammer to hang around long. So adding some depth to the wings couldn't hurt.

My good old friend, Robert Johnson, played on my aau team all throughout my youth can be a look for syracuse as well. Dream school was syracuse all throughout my youth and we both used to always talk about it. I used to think he was nuts for saying he could play there but he might be able to now. Really blowing up and can shoot/score it. He has offers from Villanova, Florida State, Alabama, Pitt, and some other good programs. Unreal how some players just take off.

My good old friend, Robert Johnson, played on my aau team all throughout my youth can be a look for syracuse as well. Dream school was syracuse all throughout my youth and we both used to always talk about it. I used to think he was nuts for saying he could play there but he might be able to now. Really blowing up and can shoot/score it. He has offers from Villanova, Florida State, Alabama, Pitt, and some other good programs. Unreal how some players just take off.
I have been reading about his play as of late and the scouts seem to have been impressed with him. He probably could come into play if things go south with our big 3 (Whitehead, Newton, and Joseph). Since you mentioned that you played AAU with him, I would assume that you're a Boo Williams cat? If so, what do you think about Cat Barber on the next level and Thon Maker?

Looks like the kid has really big feet. Possible he not done growing? He may end up VERY tall. Of course, maybe orange just makes your feet LOOK big...:)

Here goes ya boys measurements from the LeBron camp. Robert Johnson-6'3, 180, 6'6 wingspan. Devin Robinson-6'8, 169, 7'0 wingspan.

I have been reading about his play as of late and the scouts seem to have been impressed with him. He probably could come into play if things go south with our big 3 (Whitehead, Newton, and Joseph). Since you mentioned that you played AAU with him, I would assume that you're a Boo Williams cat? If so, what do you think about Cat Barber on the next level and Thon Maker?

I actually did not play with him on Boo. This is his first year actually playing for Boo. He is supposed to be graduating this year but reclassed. I played with him 14,15, and 16U. I have seen Cat Barber play and think he in unreal. He is better than Tyler Lewis IMO... Do not know Thon Maker at all. Sorry about that