Can't possibly overstate the importance of tonight's game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can't possibly overstate the importance of tonight's game

I'm kidding. ;)

Let me get back to work. Not to be a wet blanket here, but we had a lot of trouble with Gill. I am concerned how well we will do against Auguste. He's pretty good and probably better than Gill. It's going to be a tough game.

Going back over the schedule, as bad at the SJU loss was...it just wasn't going to happen that day.

The Wisconsin game was a WIN. That should have been a W and they gave it away. That's the game that will cost us if we don't get in, imo

Everyone here is mocked. Don't take it personally. I can't count how many times someone thought I was an idiot here.
You're making it too easy, Dave. ;)

You're making it too easy, Dave. ;)

I never claimed to have any qualifications. If you came up to me on the street I would gladly give you my opinion for free. It's the kind of guy am. You're welcome!

I was just looking at ND's ken pom page; they're the #1 offense in the country and are 329th in average time of possession on offense. We are first in longest time of possession on defense. So expect a lot of long possessions for ND, and probably very few FT.

What are the odds of Notre Dame rolling the ball? Or is Mike Brey too cool to stoop that low? Is he thinking about it?

Jackson is out. We need and should win this one.

So if we don't will that be a bad loss for us? If we win with him out, will that win be discounted?

Either way it seems like a lose-lose.

But a win would be great. I've been wearing my orange all day.

If we don't go 4-1 in this stretch we don't deserve to be in.

Does anyone remember what year was the last time we were a bubble team? Beside my Turrets, my eye, dementia, and drugs from my 20s there's not much left. I don't remember the year but I remember the last few games were like "we're in", "we're out", "we're in", "we're out".

Going back over the schedule, as bad at the SJU loss was...it just wasn't going to happen that day.

The Wisconsin game was a WIN. That should have been a W and they gave it away. That's the game that will cost us if we don't get in, imo

we had the clemson game won too, and since that was a conferene game its probably even bigger. if we were 4-4 now in acc that would be huge, honestly probably not too many teams in the country would have a better record than 4-4 playing our acc schedule so far. at pitt, at miami, home to unc, at duke and at virginia are 5 very tough games.

we had the clemson game won too, and since that was a conferene game its probably even bigger. if we were 4-4 now in acc that would be huge, honestly probably not too many teams in the country would have a better record than 4-4 playing our acc schedule so far. at pitt, at miami, home to unc, at duke and at virginia are 5 very tough games.

Especially since Clemson is a bubble team as well

So if we don't will that be a bad loss for us? If we win with him out, will that win be discounted?

Either way it seems like a lose-lose.

But a win would be great. I've been wearing my orange all day.

Same! I guess one could say the Duke win sans Jefferson would be in the same ballpark.

Dave85 said:
Does anyone remember what year was the last time we were a bubble team? Beside my Turrets, my eye, dementia, and drugs from my 20s there's not much left. I don't remember the year but I remember the last few games were like "we're in", "we're out", "we're in", "we're out".
seriously bro? Man I'm sorry

2bb06ffa_sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpeg

And yet I was mocked for predicting a final score of 52-49.

Deservedly so. We topped that with more than 11 minutes to go in the second half.

If your predictions against Duke and Notre Dame have taught us nothing--and they haven't--its that you consistently underrate our team's capabilities. We've played like a top 25 caliber team ever since Boeheim returned.

Deservedly so. We topped that with more than 11 minutes to go in the second half.

If your predictions against Duke and Notre Dame have taught us nothing--and they haven't--its that you consistently underrate our team's capabilities. We've played like a top 25 caliber team ever since Boeheim returned.

Where's Kowbelkat been the last two weeks?

If you look at KP, we're #33 for the entire season incuding the Hop games. I guess that isn't entirely fair, since in 2 of our better wins lately, the opponents have been missing some key talent, but I would bet if you could get the KP rating for the Boeheim games only, it may even be top 20.

I just looked at the ACC standings; if I told you after 8 games we'd be half a game behind Duke, you'd probably have been pretty happy. And at the same time, if i told you we'd be half a game behind Va Tech, you'd be pretty disappointed. Somehow, both statements are true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom