Can't watch anymore of this. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can't watch anymore of this.

The last four weeks, our guys legit look like they are running in molasses compared to their opponents. It's frighteningly bad. At least in the past, we've been small but fast. Now we're just small and slow - the worst possible combo. Just getting abused at almost every position across the field on offense and defense.
I feel like the Shrader hit and fumble against Clemson is what turned the season. Just ridiculous that he would expose himself to a hit like that for no reason spinning in the middle of the field. No way he plays this poorly if he wasn’t badly concussed.

I feel like the Shrader hit and fumble against Clemson is what turned the season. Just ridiculous that he would expose himself to a hit like that for no reason spinning in the middle of the field. No way he plays this poorly if he wasn’t badly concussed.

His level of play did completely fall off a cliff after that. Obviously partially due to the big step up in competition, but he looks totally lost out there.

Yes way he plays this poorly because he’s not a P5 caliber qb.

His level of play did completely fall off a cliff after that. Obviously partially due to the big step up in competition, but he looks totally lost out there.
The Purdue game is one of the best performances I’ve seen from any SU player crazy he’d go from that to what we’ve seen in the last 4 games.

The line is really bad though. Wolabaugh was a big loss. We shouldn’t lose him to the portal and a coaching change at least.

VT fans at the airport seem kind of annoyed that we no showed and it was a pathetic awful game. Can’t blame them.

The Purdue game is one of the best performances I’ve seen from any SU player crazy he’d go from that to what we’ve seen in the last 4 games.

The line is really bad though. Wolabaugh was a big loss. We shouldn’t lose him to the portal and a coaching change at least.

Losing Wolabaugh hurt but he was playing out of position. Which itself was a problem to start with.

For the first time in my Syracuse fandom, I don’t know if I’ll attend or watch another game this season. I’ve sat in the stands until the final whistle of lost seasons time and time again, but man this season feels different. This feels like absolute rock bottom. Our HC is in year 8 and we look as bad as we ever have, what is there to look forward to as long as Dino is still at the helm? I love this team and this university with all my heart, been in my family for generations, but I think I have to step out the rest of the way.
This says it all for me, a lifelong fan and long time STH.

If he's been concussed for a month then SU is on the hook for a MASSIVE liability lawsuit.

I don't buy it for that reason.

This same thing has happened before. The second Shrader is banged up he's totally ineffective. So I completely buy that he's been playing hurt since Clemson, but not concussed.

If he's been concussed for a month then SU is on the hook for a MASSIVE liability lawsuit.

This same thing has happened before. The second Shrader is banged up he's totally ineffective. So I completely buy that he's been playing hurt since Clemson, but not concussed.
Yeah.

First season his arm was falling off. Last year high ankle sprain and couldn’t walk.

Not sure what the ailment this year is but obviously it’s the same stuff and same results.

We would have lost to Umass and UConn and most of the FCS last night and he’s one of the reasons why.

Yeah.

First season his arm was falling off. Last year high ankle sprain and couldn’t walk.

Not sure what the ailment this year is but obviously it’s the same stuff and same results.

We would have lost to Umass and UConn and most of the FCS last night and he’s one of the reasons why.
It's always something. He runs upright and takes big hits.

He's never been a good passer. So if he can't run, he's useless.

And he's been useless since Army.

Plus our backups QBs are substantially worse, so there's no plan B. It's ride Shrader's legs or lose.

It's always something. He runs upright and takes big hits.

He's never been a good passer. So if he can't run, he's useless.

And he's been useless since Army.

Plus our backups QBs are substantially worse, so there's no plan B. It's ride Shrader's legs or loose.
I mean they were high recruits at one point but just sitting 4 rows behind the bench in person I wouldn’t have played either Davis or Del Rio Wilson. Still can’t be worse. Welch and Devito looked ready to play when they weren’t just from attending games and observing the sideline.

Yeah, I'm with you. The concussion protocols, especially at SU as we have seen, are very conservative. The diagnosis, treatment, and management decisions are made solely by the medical staff and team physician independent of the football staff and AD office. If they thought he was concussed to any degree (there are tests for this), he would not be playing or practicing until those symptoms were gone. He is playing and has not been held out of practices (that we know of anyway). So...they people with the medical degrees, the ones who could be sued or lose their licenses, do not think he is playing with a concussion.

Banged up, physically limited/injured, lingering effects from his off season surgery, the poor play of others, and/or his own limitations as a QB are most likely the reasons for his decline.