Carl Eilenberg RIP | Syracusefan.com

Carl Eilenberg RIP

I absolutely loved Carl. I mean just close your eyes and think of the limitless famous SU moments that he announced. He had a crisp, understated, old-school voice. There was a simplicity to his announcing that was perfect.

Oh man.

I’ll forever have his voiced etched into my brain doing hoops starting lineups.
Carl: "at cennnnnnnter, from Chesapeake, Virginia, number 33, Alonzzoooo Mourninnnnng."
Excited Crowd: [soooo whattt!]

Mike Veley: "at center, from Indian River High School in Chesapeake, Virginia, averaging 20.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 2.3 assists per game, majoring in communications, his favorite movie is such-and-such, his favorite book is such-and-such, he has three siblings, and a dog, number 33, Alonzo Mourning."
Crowd: "sorry, what? we tuned out because you took so long."

Advantage: Carl

What did Forth say opposite of that?
Throat slit gesture, telling him to cut it out when he kept saying May the 4th be with you after Craig would make baskets.

A legend, his voice is how I came to love the ‘cuse. So long and thanks for all the memories Carl

I remember watching him do the news on channel 9, before his SU stint.

RIP

I’m pretty sure JB chewed him out at halftime of a game after annnouncing that we had held the opponent to a carrier dome record low for points scored in the first half. I think it was a conference game too.

I’m pretty sure JB chewed him out at halftime of a game after annnouncing that we had held the opponent to a carrier dome record low for points scored in the first half. I think it was a conference game too.
I think it's a fair bet that JB chewed you out if you were anywhere close to the program for a period of time. Just conjecture.

I agree with JB there. Doing that mid game is in bad taste.

I recall this too. Almost positive it was against WVU.