Carolina message board predictions | Syracusefan.com

Carolina message board predictions

Cuse House

All American
Since we get into the habit of reading our opponents boards, I looked at UNC's. Most of them predict a 10-20 point victory with Carolina in the high 70's to 80's as far as points go. Not sure if they know this, but we have given up 57 ppg in this tournament. No way Carolina hits 80 points, if they do then we will probably be talking about how well our season ended. Someone even predicted a 25 point win :rolleyes:. I like to think our predictions are at least reasonable around here.

http://www.At their request, this n...-basketball/14661828-predictions-for-saturday

Last edited:
I looked briefly and saw alot of 77-70, or 72-68 or 80-75 type of final scores predicted. Didn't seem unrealistic on scores, they just picked the wrong winner.
Maybe I focused to much on the 85-69, 84-71, 80-67, 87-62, etc... Not that any of this matters, it is all in good fun. Of course they will pick their team to win. I just don't see the scoring in the mid 80's. No way we win this game if UNC gets into the 80's. With that being said, we are giving up 57 ppg. That is a big difference, which is what I was trying to get at.

Again, we have given up 70+ twice in our last 24 NCAA tournament games and the most recent was four years ago while playing withou the Big East defensive player of the year. I'm not saying they won't score that much but they will have to earn it and it will not be easy. 80+ would represent a big collapse on our part.

FWIW, vegas has had us at 9 or 9.5 point underdogs, so their predictions aren't entirely shocking, especially when speaking of their own team. The Orange need to be the team they have been recently, or those predictions could come true. I could see us winning by double digits under the right set of circumstances. It's a matter of which team shows up for both sides.

Let me ask people this. How many are confident enough to put a sizable bet up, even taking the 9 points, let alone straight up? I think that's a good measure of how you truthfully feel. Ive won 4 bets in a row(5 if you count making the tournament), including some straight wins. As a low roller, it makes me feel good. This game scares me, but I plan on doing something before I leave for Houston. I'm actually trying to let some of you convince me. The last final 4 felt a bit magical too, and so did Bo Kimble's Loyola Marymount, until they ran into the eventual national champion. I wish Man***io were still here, because even I'm getting nervous. I'm looking to hear what 690 West and others have to say, even though I haven't needed them so far. LGO!!!! Hopefully we can get 2 good halves for both offense and defense, as we might need it against the favorites. This game is obviously more important to them than the last time we met, so I don't wish to use that game for much when calling the outcome of this one.

FWIW, vegas has had us at 9 or 9.5 point underdogs, so their predictions aren't entirely shocking, especially when speaking of their own team. The Orange need to be the team they have been recently, or those predictions could come true. I could see us winning by double digits under the right set of circumstances. It's a matter of which team shows up for both sides.

Let me ask people this. How many are confident enough to put a sizable bet up, even taking the 9 points, let alone straight up? I think that's a good measure of how you truthfully feel. Ive won 4 bets in a row(5 if you count making the tournament), including some straight wins. As a low roller, it makes me feel good. This game scares me, but I plan on doing something before I leave for Houston. I'm actually trying to let some of you convince me. The last final 4 felt a bit magical too, and so did Bo Kimble's Loyola Marymount, until they ran into the eventual national champion. I wish Man***io were still here, because even I'm getting nervous. I'm looking to hear what 690 West and others have to say, even though I haven't needed them so far. LGO!!!! Hopefully we can get 2 good halves for both offense and defense, as we might need it against the favorites. This game is obviously more important to them than the last time we met, so I don't wish to use that game for much when calling the outcome of this one.

If I were a gambler, I would take the 9 points that Cuse is getting in this game in a second! Straight up I would bet UNC, unfortunately, but if given 9 points I take Cuse all day long.

I always take what I see in game prediction threads literally.

Honestly, those people in that thread have probably put more reasoned thought into it than the national "experts." It amazes how lazy everybody is in the media. There have been 3 games combined between the four teams and the extent of the analysis stemming from those games is the score (for OU-VU) and the fact that UNC won twice. Nothing at all about the match-ups, the strategies employed, etc. It is not surprising at all of course. I did hear some podcast with Raftery the other day and he said in that session that he had just watched both UNC-SU games that morning. So the pros are preparing, but there are very few pros in the media anymore. There are just too many minutes that need to be filled on all these outlets.

To everyone not Cuse fans or certain CBB analysts, we're just a 10 seed who got lucky and had a big comeback against UVA.

They don't realize that we've become one of the best defensive teams in the country. They don't realize our role players have really stepped up and played like they players they should be (Cooney and Roberson). They don't pay attention to the possibility that we could have 3 - 1st Round Draft Picks on this team.

This is not the same team we watched in the regular season. It took some time but with a new lease on life, this team has grown...A LOT.

If you haven't paid attention to our team or the fact that we have yet to put together a full game or get our star players to all click in the same game, you would clearly take UNC and maybe by 9-10 points. UNC has gotten to the Final Four by having everyone click. We've made it to the Final Four with defense... I really hope we get to see what this team looks like with everyone clicking.

UNC has a stable of 10 players they can rotate. The UNC fanbase should be confident. Our fanbase should be confident.

Either team could win. We could lose by 20 or we could we win by 1-5. Nobody should care.

If we played UNC 10 times they would win 7 of 10 games. However, Saturday could be one of those 3 times we win.

To everyone not Cuse fans or certain CBB analysts, we're just a 10 seed who got lucky and had a big comeback against UVA.

They don't realize that we've become one of the best defensive teams in the country. They don't realize our role players have really stepped up and played like they players they should be (Cooney and Roberson). They don't pay attention to the possibility that we could have 3 - 1st Round Draft Picks on this team.

This is not the same team we watched in the regular season. It took some time but with a new lease on life, this team has grown...A LOT.

If you haven't paid attention to our team or the fact that we have yet to put together a full game or get our star players to all click in the same game, you would clearly take UNC and maybe by 9-10 points. UNC has gotten to the Final Four by having everyone click. We've made it to the Final Four with defense... I really hope we get to see what this team looks like with everyone clicking.

Not many media experts are going to pick us, and I am fine with that. Lets be honest, if we weren't the ten seed, and lets just say it was Vcu, or Temple playing Unc, we would all be picking Unc.

UNC has a stable of 10 players they can rotate. The UNC fanbase should be confident. Our fanbase should be confident.

Either team could win. We could lose by 20 or we could we win by 1-5. Nobody should care.

If we played UNC 10 times they would win 7 of 10 games. However, Saturday could be one of those 3 times we win.
Deep benchs don't help near as much in the final four as they do during the regular season. Longer breaks during time outs and half time is longer as well. We won't be tired. Foul trouble is a different animal but we usually don't get in foul trouble.

Deep benchs don't help near as much in the final four as they do during the regular season. Longer breaks during time outs and half time is longer as well. We won't be tired. Foul trouble is a different animal but we usually don't get in foul trouble.

Totally agree. Foul trouble and rebounding are going to be two of the three keys in my opinion. We also have to shoot at least 40% from outside of the arc.

Depth allows UNC to throw different combos and survive foul trouble. It has nothing to do with our lack of depth.

Bryce Johnson can get 2 early fouls and UNC won't be killed like if G gets 2 fouls really early.

Being tired isn't the point. If the refs have a tight whistle that is huge. Last Final Four our starting guards fouled out.

UNC beat us in Chapel Hill because Roy rotated his bigs and they hit the glass hard in their spurts. Joel James and Kennedy Meeks on the offensive glass will have more energy.

Depth allows UNC to throw different combos and survive foul trouble. It has nothing to do with our lack of depth.

Bryce Johnson can get 2 early fouls and UNC won't be killed like if G gets 2 fouls really early.

Being tired isn't the point. If the refs have a tight whistle that is huge. Last Final Four our starting guards fouled out.

UNC beat us in Chapel Hill because Roy rotated his bigs and they hit the glass hard in their spurts. Joel James and Kennedy Meeks on the offensive glass will have more energy.
They beat us beat us because they are stronger than us. It won't be from a lack of energy. The extra rest will allow us all the energy we need. I'm a lot more worried about their superior inside talent than I am because they can rotate guys.

It's like every pundit everywhere, and every non-Syracuse fan, is completely unaware that we played UNC 2x already this year, and were VERY close in both games all the way.

The most recent one - Senior Night at the Dean Dome, saw Syracuse down 3, with the ball, with < :30 seconds left in the game.
In a game were we shot like cr@p from 3 (5/20) and Silent G had 7 TO's.

Still can't figure out why now, in a neutral site venue, we're gonna lose by 10+? :noidea:

We've held every Tourney opponent well below their normal scoring averages.
And UNC's D isn't anything to be feared.

We need to play a nearly flawless game to beat these guys since their overwhelming strength is our weakness. Not only are their bigs big, they are very athletic. I'm very concerned about how we slow Brice and Hicks, who have been all over the interior against us this year. IF we can pack it in a bit and make Paige/Berry/Jackson/Britt knock down 3's and compete on the glass, I like our chances. We'll really need big performances out of Mali, G and Lydon, with Roberson 10+ boards.

I am terrified about the officiating and fully expect DC, Robey and/or Lydon to get in foul trouble. Hopefully, we can get Brice in foul trouble and off the floor. He's playing so well right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom