Cavanaugh would have been nice here | Syracusefan.com

Cavanaugh would have been nice here

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Kid carries GW. Very well rounded player. I'd argue the best college player of the JD contingent. If he was the mystery transfer - small sample size I know - I would have rather had TC.

Kid carries GW. Very well rounded player. I'd argue the best college player of the JD contingent. If he was the mystery transfer - small sample size I know - I would have rather had TC.
than who? I love his game but we already have one too many power forwards. Lydon would still have been at the three.

I really do hate to play the what if game.. so I apologize to others and myself!!

But I just saw the stats of Tacko Fall from UCF who has been a key guy in their rise this year (KP 185 to KP 61).

A 7-6 project who as a sophomore is averaging 14 pts, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks a game, and 81% FG in only 27 minutes a game, How can UCF find and develop these players and we get guys like Obokoh and Chukwu.

Cavanaugh was recruited out of HS by SU but felt his future would be better served at Wake Forest with Jeff Bzdelek. How did that turn out?

I really do hate to play the what if game.. so I apologize to others and myself!!

But I just saw the stats of Tacko Fall from UCF who has been a key guy in their rise this year (KP 185 to KP 61).

A 7-6 project who as a sophomore is averaging 14 pts, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks a game, and 81% FG in only 27 minutes a game, How can UCF find and develop these players and we get guys like Obokoh and Chukwu.

I've been asking about the Center position for 2-3 years now, been told I'm stupid among other things.

Recruiting strategy

Future of the center position

I get that we take "projects" in. The problem with our projects are that they actually suck at the high school level. We probably would have never have gotten Fall but he actually showed some offense in high school. I'm willing to bet Chinoso had more single digit offensive games in his senior year than double. PC, I don't know, but what I do know is if a big guy can't score in high school they're much further behind the curve than guys who can.

I hope Thompson is ready next year to play the 5, I'm not sure if PC will ever be a contributor here.