Class of 2023 - CB AJ Harris (AL) Portal from Georgia to PSU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CB AJ Harris (AL) Portal from Georgia to PSU

Agree 100% - I think we have a real shot here. We had a real shot with Bolden too but I get the impression that Harris isn't as much of a longer shot than Bolden was.
These are the recruits where I think NIL will be the difference maker. Bolden and Harris are getting a huge bag from Auburn. If all things were equal I think we would have a good chance, but it would be tough to pass up the size of the bag he will get from Auburn,.

These are the recruits where I think NIL will be the difference maker. Bolden and Harris are getting a huge bag from Auburn. If all things were equal I think we would have a good chance, but it would be tough to pass up the size of the bag he will get from Auburn,.
So I would say so far it's fair to operate on a premise that we are providing competitive bags or we don't have who we currently do. Also candidly none of us really know how much each is getting. Even if we are a little short, I would argue Fran, ERob and Nick may be able to bridge that with what they are selling. Think positive Ano, good things are happening.

So I would say so far it's fair to operate on a premise that we are providing competitive bags or we don't have who we currently do. Also candidly none of us really know how much each is getting. Even if we are a little short, I would argue Fran, ERob and Nick may be able to bridge that with what they are selling. Think positive Ano, good things are happening.
I can see established guys like Mikel, Tucker, Wax, Gadsen getting paid, as well as McCord and Diggs, but those are only 1 year guys. Someone like Harris and Bolden who have 3 years could be a bridge too far.

Just an FYI, and this was from 2022. I am fairly certain our collective doesn't come close to matching this and if all things are equal NIL would be a nice tiebreaker. Obviously, I hope i'm wrong but this is what we're up against.

More than interesting. I’d expect quieter recruitments around the big names too going forward.

I’d only expect things to be kept quiet if we’re trying to flip a kid. Otherwise you want to publicize this stuff. You don’t create a buzz by keeping things quiet.

Just my own theory... maybe a kid like Harris wants to see if Fran REALLY can deliver the kind of big time talent around him that he knows hed get at a place like Auburn before he commits. Maybe he waits to see what guys like OG, Diggs, McCord, Hearns, etc (done)... and Chappel, Barnes, Raikes, do before he commits to play for the coach he really wants to play for. Hes willing to follow Fran to a team loaded with other 4 and 5 star level guys. But not if the talent doesn't improve enough.

If he is so interested in Auburn he can commit to Cuse and visit beautiful Owasco Lake during his down time
When I was very little I remember watching Auburn on tv and thinking it was the community college. I remember my dad laughing and trying to explain it to me. Then Jan 1st 1988 happened. First time at nine years old I heard my grandfather curse and call them every name in book when they kicked the field goal. War damn otto

Just my own theory... maybe a kid like Harris wants to see if Fran REALLY can deliver the kind of big time talent around him that he knows hed get at a place like Auburn before he commits. Maybe he waits to see what guys like OG, Diggs, McCord, Hearns, etc (done)... and Chappel, Barnes, Raikes, do before he commits to play for the coach he really wants to play for. Hes willing to follow Fran to a team loaded with other 4 and 5 star level guys. But not if the talent doesn't improve enough.
Makes sense but Harris isn't very active on social media anyways. Not sure how much talking he's doing to any recruiting services. Most thought he was a dead lock to Auburn and even the Auburn boards have no clue about the Cuse connection or give it a second thought. It would shock them if he commits to Syracuse thats for sure!

Haven’t heard anything specifically SU wise (AJ doesn’t really communicate with the media as mentioned) but a buddy of mine who is plugged in with Auburn recruiting says that he thinks they are out for whatever reason. Obviously Harris has lots of suitors but Auburn has been the heavy favorite since he jumped into the portal so good news if we are pursuing.

Haven’t heard anything specifically SU wise (AJ doesn’t really communicate with the media as mentioned) but a buddy of mine who is plugged in with Auburn recruiting says that he thinks they are out for whatever reason. Obviously Harris has lots of suitors but Auburn has been the heavy favorite since he jumped into the portal so good news if we are pursuing.
Him and Raikes have both been so quiet, who knows what’s up there.

Visited Penn st yesterday/today
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At least it shows he’s willing to consider playing in the Northeast. And if he’s willing to at PSU why not SU with his high school teammate Jackson Meeks and former DB coach Fran Brown - where he'd be in direct line to start as well.

Last edited:
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. At least it shows he’s willing to consider playing in the Northeast. And if he’s willing to at PSU why not SU with his high school teammate Jackson Meeks and former DB coach Fran Brown - where he'd be in direct line to start as well.
and won't have to play home games out in the cold, rain or snow. You get to play your home in the Dome. aka: The Loud House.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom