Class of 2023 - CB AJ Harris (AL) Portal from Georgia to PSU | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CB AJ Harris (AL) Portal from Georgia to PSU

Fellow SyracuseFan.com members, It might be time to for some self-reflection:

You could be diagnosed with schizophrenia if you experience some of the following symptoms:
  • Hallucinations.
  • Delusions.
  • Disorganized thinking.
  • Lack of motivation.
  • Slow movement.
  • Change in sleep patterns.
  • Poor grooming or hygiene.

Like Duce but he does have flaws especially with the deep ball. Glad he was added but we still need at least one corner with speed and coverage skills to cover the speedy deep threat receiver in man coverage
Of course. CB is a position of concern for me but some were acting like we already had other quality CB’s signed and I didn’t understand why.

Duce is the best we have right now. We already know his flaws. We don’t know others.

Of course. CB is a position of concern for me but some were acting like we already had other quality CB’s signed and I didn’t understand why.

Duce is the best we have right now. We already know his flaws. We don’t know others.

We’re the front runners for Marcellus Barnes, so there’s that.

Will find out officially tomorrow.

And there’s still the Spring portal for
Fran to shore up any deficiencies that remain.

I’m 144% confident in Fran & crew to do what needs to be done, in regards to onboarding talent.

#FRANchise.

Calvaruso has a 90.91% accuracy rate out of 220 guesses. It's likely a done deal.

We have needs in the secondary.

PreSpring I'm guessing Clark gets a look at corner, along with Deuce, DeLaine, Perry, Bellamy, and Buxton. None of this group has entered the portal that we know.

Rumored a WR is moving to Db. Potentially incoming recruit Haile and Braheem Long is a corner and potential commit Marcellus Barnes. That would be 10 corners. Scratch Clark it's 9.

Safeties will be Barron (star), Grant, Gould, Martin, Clark. Maybe Buxton maybe not.

Corners potentially 6 to 9 > Bellamy, DeLaine, Deuce, Perry, Long (+Barnes, converted wr, Haile or Buxton)
Safeties potentially 4 to 6 > Barron, Clark, Grant, Gould, Martin, Buxton

Looks like we have more room at safety.

Beasley and Philostin were bigger misses than I first thought.

(If Barnes commits I think he's a day 1 starter. The competition for the other spot will be fierce. Clark was getting CB reps at ruckers under Fran.)

Calvaruso has a 90.91% accuracy rate out of 220 guesses. It's likely a done deal.

PreSpring I'm guessing Clark gets a look at corner, along with Deuce, DeLaine, Perry, Bellamy, and Buxton. None of this group has entered the portal that we know.

Rumored a WR is moving to Db. Potentially incoming recruit Haile and Braheem Long is a corner and potential commit Marcellus Barnes. That would be 10 corners. Scratch Clark it's 9.

Safeties will be Barron (star), Grant, Gould, Martin, Clark. Maybe Buxton maybe not.

Corners potentially 6 to 9 > Bellamy, DeLaine, Deuce, Perry, Long (+Barnes, converted wr, Haile or Buxton)

(If Barnes commits I think he's a day 1 starter. The competition for the other spot will be fierce.
I forgot about Buxton (I guess wishful thinking).

I think you're right about Barnes. That isn't a murderer's row CB depth chart. And it's been rumored Duce is being considered a Safety for what it's worth.

We’re the front runners for Marcellus Barnes, so there’s that.

Will find out officially tomorrow.

And there’s still the Spring portal for
Fran to shore up any deficiencies that remain.

I’m 144% confident in Fran & crew to do what needs to be done, in regards to onboarding talent.

#FRANchise.
Im talking about the current roster. Please dont make it out to be like I dont believe in Fran's recruiting. Thats not what my remarks are about. Im a coach. I dont assume anything until I actually see it.

(If Barnes commits I think he's a day 1 starter. The competition for the other spot will be fierce. Clark was getting CB reps at ruckers under Fran.)
Haille is a safety

Georgia writers now predicting PSU as well. Auburn and Kentucky were thought to be the frontrunners initially.

Haille is a safety

I don't see him as an ACC level safety. Looks too small (slight). Listed at 6-0, 6-1 and 170-180. But he looks smallish on hudl. Built like DeMarcus Adams. These are just my observations from Hudl. We'll see how it shakes out

Georgia writers now predicting PSU as well. Auburn and Kentucky were thought to be the frontrunners initially.
In other words, we'll see him in the portal about this time next year...

I forgot about Buxton (I guess wishful thinking).

I think you're right about Barnes. That isn't a murderer's row CB depth chart. And it's been rumored Duce is being considered a Safety for what it's worth.

I don't see Duce at safety, especially with our current CB depth chart. Safties would be Grant - Clark - Barron I would think. Duce at one corner and then another corner coming at some point. That would be my guess based on the current roster.

If you were a PSU coach giving info to a writer, and you knew the only other option was SU, you'd probably say you were pretty confident, right?

Not saying we're an option (or if he'll visit) still, but if he visits we have a shot.

And we've done a decent job of keeping visits under wraps (see: Mazzccua)

he takes a visit to psu, does he have any other visits scheduled? if not, not hard to throw a CB based on those facts
Unless there’s a reason he has not other visits planned

If you were a PSU coach giving info to a writer, and you knew the only other option was SU, you'd probably say you were pretty confident, right?

Not saying we're an option (or if he'll visit) still, but if he visits we have a shot.

And we've done a decent job of keeping visits under wraps (see: Mazzccua)
To heap on this some (with reckless hope), we've seen that PSU is all about the pressure pitch and the threat to pull an offer if anything else is considered. Perhaps there is a plan in place to keep the kid whole with his offers. It's a good way to burn recruiting bridges by doing wrong by a kid.

To heap on this some (with reckless hope), we've seen that PSU is all about the pressure pitch and the threat to pull an offer if anything else is considered. Perhaps there is a plan in place to keep the kid whole with his offers. It's a good way to burn recruiting bridges by doing wrong by a kid.
Like the OL that was an RU Commit

This has been such a quiet portal recruitment. There has been little to no mention of us but I hope that's just the staff working in stealth. Wiltfong just gave a crystal ball to Penn St to land cb Jalen Kimber...wonder if they're still one of the favorits to land Harris too.

This has been such a quiet portal recruitment. There has been little to no mention of us but I hope that's just the staff working in stealth. Wiltfong just gave a crystal ball to Penn St to land cb Jalen Kimber...wonder if they're still one of the favorits to land Harris too.
We know some DBs are visiting this weekend. Maybe we'll get a surprise.

Supposedly they were/are expecting both Kimber and Harris so Kimber doesn’t appear to affect anything

Supposedly they were/are expecting both Kimber and Harris so Kimber doesn’t appear to affect anything
Gotchya..a poster on one of the Penn st forums was saying Harris is already on campus looking for apartments.

It’s ironic that the position Fran coached has been the most difficult to get in the portal. Been involved, but not getting commits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom