CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't kept up on the transfer rules. Is he eligible to play immediately because a coach left or can anyone leave for any reason at anytime and play immediately? That just seems like a terrible idea for undergrad transfers.

Tough to swallow. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him in Nebraska.

Money alluded to it, but we have to continue to build up our NIL fund, or this type of occurrence will keep happening. We’ve made strides, but have to keep it building.

Good thing we have some really good leads on portal people.

EE4E5438-9FC5-4B34-966F-42E60A46E7FD.gif

Will we have any DBs for the bowl game? This was a joke but now it is a real concern?

Hating on a kid from friggin Camden, NJ for chasing life changing money is silly. Most of us would do the same thing and would have done it 12 months ago.
Anyone who has step foot there can’t blame a kid for chasing $$ when he has an opportunity to. Money talks. Period.

Best of luck to him, but life goes on. And it will.

The saddest part for me - is that you end up losing interest in the emotional attachment to players. As a kid, I idolized these guys. Now, coming and going in a year or two’s time, you don’t even have the time to develop the attachment.

That was some of the most fun of football for me, rooting for the players that you loved. I feel like the next generation won’t get to experience that part of it.

If they are paid adults attending school do we really have pretend they are above criticism for making choices we don't like? The whole student athlete thing is a farce. You could at least pretend when it was just hundreds of thousands in tuition and stipends and gear but just straight cash and it's a pro sport now for some of these kids.

Just goes to show how special of kids Mikel Jones, Tucker and Garrett Williams. All 3 could have taken some good NIL deals elsewhere and transferred but they didn’t.

Nothing against Duce and I appreciate what he did for us here at Cuse. But just goes to show those three I mentioned first don’t come around often. Really suck for Duce cause he legitimately could have been one of the great cornerbacks to play here and would have left a lasting legacy, continued the pipeline of Cuse secondary players in the NFL and continued playing for the swag daddy but he took the money. Nothing wrong with that, just some peoples priorities are different than others for a multitude of reasons.

They got NIL here last year too. Don’t know the numbers but about 12 players did.

Go look at his twitter under the reaction when White left. You will see all the Huskers clamoring for him to come too.

Will we have any DBs for the bowl game? This was a joke but now it is a real concern?

Sure is -- we lost 2 of the top 3 CBs we had available for the game, on paper.

Wonder if a guy like Simmons slides in opposite Johnson as a starting CB? Think that probably makes the most sense.

Sucks to see Duce leave. Fing portal has ruined college sports.

Makes you appreciate guys like Marlowe, Caleb, Jahad, Stephon, etc more

I know for damn sure the next time Marlowe has an ice cream night at the ice cream stand downtown for his nil deal im going and eating til I spew

For the guys who bought his tee shirts, are they now collectable or merely useful for wiping slush from their headlights.

College sports is getting more and more like a minor league baseball team where the names change frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.