CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is it? Is Weitzman legit doing it or not? We could use it right now.
I’m not sure I’d spend huge dollars on him. He’s a very good player, but I don’t think he’s a big money player.

SU isn’t the Oakland As but it is more on the limited resource side.

Deuce isn’t a guy taking half the field away. He is replaceable.

And I get they are losing three of the top four corners

the irony in calling someone a kid who left a job over money.

You have no actual idea his reasons for leaving.

Also, the NCAA and member institutions have fought hard for years to have playing not be camled a job but thanks for recignizing it for what it really is at this point.

If he left for money good for him and his family. That's what his Coach just did. He must be a good learner.

Last edited:
You have no actual idea his reasons for leaving.

Also, the NCAA and member institutions have fought hard for years to have playing not be camled a job but thanks for recignizing it for what it really is at this point.
Post # 5 said is was likely NIL related. It is not a stretch to think that is part of the reason.

It’s only my mourning for what once was college athletics that keeps me from laughing out loud.
E32C0586-E6D7-4A69-99B7-FAE1DACD0CB6.jpeg

Sometimes being a college football fan feels like being in a relationship where you’re more into the person than they are to you.

I am very upset about the events of the day and state of college football. Thank you so much for making me laugh with this!

Thanks for your time at Cuse, you where fun to root for.
Best of luck getting to the NFL.

I don’t know. I can’t be that charitable. I certainly wish them no harm, but I want them to be cursed in their performance for other teams having jilted us. I always like the dynamic of our guys versus their guys. Now it’s just “guys” that are shifted around. It takes away from the fun and childish compartmentalization of my warrior teams. Like Seinfeld said… “You’re just rooting for laundry now.”

I’m not sure I’d spend huge dollars on him. He’s a very good player, but I don’t think he’s a big money player.

SU isn’t the Oakland As but it is more on the limited resource side.

Deuce isn’t a guy taking half the field away. He is replaceable.

And I get they are losing three of the top four corners
Yeah I am with you on that. My thinking is split the Weitzmen dollars like a pie. Do you throw a guy like Duce 100k? $300k for a top flight Center? Obviously schools like USC and Bama are not our benchmarks. Whats the right scale? You almost need the equivalent of the Jimmy Johnson trade value table. We need a Nil value table .

Makes me more of a fan because I love the hell out of those kids who stay through adversity
This is in excellent elixir for salving my hurt little feelings. I will have a renewed appreciation for those players who stick with the orange.

I don’t know. I can’t be that charitable. I certainly wish them no harm, but I want them to be cursed in their performance for other teams having jilted us. I always like the dynamic of our guys versus their guys. Now it’s just “guys” that are shifted around. It takes away from the fun and childish compartmentalization of my warrior teams. Like Seinfeld said… “You’re just rooting for laundry now.”
His DC just left and the guy that took him under his wing is off the NFL
We'll still have the guys that stick out 4-5 years and we will remember them for years
Also flip side we would not have two new 4 star kids on the defense side of the ball we will all be rooting for next year

Post # 5 said is was likely NIL related. It is not a stretch to think that is part of the reason.

The thing is that nobody knows that at this point, except for those in his circle, and its just speculation on this board at this time.

Sure, its highly likely that money may be involved but his Coach just left for the same thing.

Ultimately, a loss for Cuse but probably a gain for him and his family. Take it while you can. He's not a sure fire NFL talent at this point so it may not be available later.

His DC just left and the guy that took him under his wing is off the NFL
We'll still have the guys that stick out 4-5 years and we will remember them for years
Also flip side we would not have two new 4 star kids on the defense side of the ball we will all be rooting for next year
Thanks for the perspective. You’re right. New guys to root for want to be here.

This is really turning into something where I don't even want to really watch college football anymore. Plus you can't even call any of these guys committed in a recruiting class because 50% of these guys that come for 1 year, 2 years then they leave go somewhere else and they leave there, etc!
it's ridiculous, whoever thought of this, I hate it

The saddest part for me - is that you end up losing interest in the emotional attachment to players. As a kid, I idolized these guys. Now, coming and going in a year or two’s time, you don’t even have the time to develop the attachment.

That was some of the most fun of football for me, rooting for the players that you loved. I feel like the next generation won’t get to experience that part of it.
Agree. I think it will ultimately end up being sad for the players as they get older, not feeling attached to any one place. I can say as an SU fan, assuming he actually transfers, I will no longer feel any attachment or rooting interest for him (though I'm not rooting against him, either). The new place will look at him as a hired gun/mercenary and not have the same attachment, either. Hope he reconsiders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.