CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
We open with Colgate then WMU so we better hope it's just vanilla.

Dino having more openness with some practices wouldn’t expose any plays, sets, groupings, formations or calls etc. They can be as vanilla as they want in those first games. Scouting early season its about getting a look at personnel, physical attributes, injuries, weak links etc. It would take one game to have this figured out.

Dino having more openness with some practices wouldn’t expose any plays, sets, groupings, formations or calls etc. They can be as vanilla as they want in those first games. Scouting early season its about getting a look at personnel, physical attributes, injuries, weak links etc. It would take one game to have this figured out.

Understood.

If Duce is starting then definitely changes the narrative of him being a nickel. Best of luck to him.

Last year showed it doesn’t mean squat for promoting the program as far as practices being more open or not. We started 5-0 and then had two consecutive sellouts which is unheard of for our program, no matter who the opponent is. I certainly wouldn’t complain about things being less secretive but as far as that hurting the promotion of the program? Just freaking win games

Last year showed it doesn’t mean squat for promoting the program as far as practices being more open or not. We started 5-0 and then had two consecutive sellouts which is unheard of for our program, no matter who the opponent is. I certainly wouldn’t complain about things being less secretive but as far as that hurting the promotion of the program? Just freaking win games
L’Ville, Virginia and Purdue could have been 5-10k more each

L’Ville, Virginia and Purdue could have been 5-10k more each
Oh come on. Everyone within 180 miles that would care one bit there was a potential heisman running back and a handful of high end players and the team was going to be at worst decent and competitive

Absolutely right.

Oh come on. Everyone within 180 miles that would care one bit there was a potential heisman running back and a handful of high end players and the team was going to be at worst decent and competitive
If you’re implying the fans should have more blame/responsiblity then we are not disagreeing at all. The attendance for Virginia in particular was criminal, regardless of the ‘marketing’ of the team. Less than 40k butts in seats for a decent quality P5 game when the team was 3-0 with 2 P5 wins for the first time in 5 years is embarrassing.

I am just saying Dino is not controlling his controllables which is to hype as much as possible.

BTW, I am and have been on the Keep Dino train the past 4 years, including the Covid asterisk. I just thought he needed more support, better money for staff, more staff, facility investments etc. and so far that thought is starting to look kinda smart… we will see if the trend continues :)

Wait What Reaction GIF

“Chestnut, the nation’s top rated cornerback in 2020…”

This begs the question - why didn’t he go SEC then?

Blah, blah, blah. DBU. I had tears in my eyes when LSU offered. You would think they would have wanted you from the start.

So far Duce not on the Box Score defensively that I've seen since FSU.

Didn't remember him being top rated corner out of high school?

We hadn't started a true frosh corner in forty years before him?
Maybe opening game. And SU has had plenty of true freshman start games. If the qualifier is to start the year , they should state that

Status
Not open for further replies.