CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
something something grass greener...

:(
yes, but how much more green did LSU pay him? But, he has lost any chance at being drafted. Do you go for the $ or take less $ to showcase your skills? I bet in Duce's mind he never thought he'd be a backup. The SEC is probably paying top dollar for guys to be good depth, backups. Duce had a nice pick in the FSU game which got him playing time only to see him get torched by Coleman and company the rest of the game.

yes, but how much more green did LSU pay him? But, he has lost any chance at being drafted. Do you go for the $ or take less $ to showcase your skills? I bet in Duce's mind he never thought he'd be a backup. The SEC is probably paying top dollar for guys to be good depth, backups. Duce had a nice pick in the FSU game which got him playing time only to see him get torched by Coleman and company the rest of the game.
Coleman torches everybody. He will be a 1st Rounder

Totally agree. It's a fine line these athletes have to walk. They have to weigh money now vs. BIG money later.

Except for the truly elite talents, the wrong choice could easily backfire.

I'm sure it's a tough choice for a kid, but this will be a cautionary tale going forward. Someone had to guinea pig that path.

You see a guy like Verse (who had nothing to lose transferring from Albany), but was an instant impact player. A guy like Duce certainly thought he would start and make an impact, play in big time environments. And was probably told he would start, or at least be heavily in the mix.

maybe duce was influenced by the issue at the party on top of the money. He is smart enough to know that playing for LSU and starting vs playing for SU and starting most likely wasn't going to affect his chance at making the NFL. If a kid does well at SU i would argue that that might be better in the eyes of the NFL than doing well at a school like LSU that has better players across the board. He left for the money and probably to avoid an issue.

Coleman is the second best WR in the draft and would normally be the best outside of MHJr being a generational guy.

With that said, the thing about SEC is you have have no runway to not be great. You get your shot and that's that. *Especially* when you are part of a position group that was under a magnifying glass.

Clark is a wiseman

Clark is also very very close with Duce so that tells you all you need to know about how Duce feels

I believe that he was involved in that frat fight that got LaQuint Allen suspended. As I recall from one of the stories, if I have the right DB, he entered the portal the next day.

I believe that he was involved in that frat fight that got LaQuint Allen suspended. As I recall from one of the stories, if I have the right DB, he entered the portal the next day.

There’s a couple days lag though in the portal. So he may have declared for the portal the day before the fight.

Coleman is the second best WR in the draft and would normally be the best outside of MHJr being a generational guy.

With that said, the thing about SEC is you have have no runway to not be great. You get your shot and that's that. *Especially* when you are part of a position group that was under a magnifying glass.
I mean, he just walked on to the field ensconced in velvet.

There’s a couple days lag though in the portal. So he may have declared for the portal the day before the fight.
Maybe he’s psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.