CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been articles saying NIL in some cases is tied to performance and kids aren't making nearly as much as they think they're going to with these "up to," deals. I highly doubt his NIL was much bigger the way it has worked out at LSU, and now his NFL dreams have all but evaporated.

Yep. I'm bitter when a guy describes playing those two years as "... it didn't work out coming out of high school." There's a lot he could've said to express he was excited for a new opportunity without making SU sound like a scrub school. Screw him.
It’s a scrap piece.

The quote above had nothing to do with his experience at Syracuse. It was in reference to his desire to play football at LSU.

He still loves Syracuse and most likely went for larger NIL $. He comes from a challenging background, and most likely needs money.

Stinks he left but our corners are just fine. We’ve been the beneficiary on the other side of the portal too.

Syracuse is fast becoming ISLAND DB U, where players can prepare for the NFL. If we have star players who get starters minutes as freshman and perform well, let them continue to transfer and get an NIL bag.

But it’s a cautionary tale that if they go to higher profile schools, they may get exposed athletically, which is exactly the reason why they began their careers as Syracuse recruits. It’s quite possible Jeremiah Wilson will be the next one after this year to land at a factory school. But it seems we are great at recruiting for the secondary. I hope that it’s a win-win for both Syracuse and the players.

It’s a scrap piece.

The quote above had nothing to do with his experience at Syracuse. It was in reference to his desire to play football at LSU.

He still loves Syracuse and most likely went for larger NIL $. He comes from a challenging background, and most likely needs money.

Stinks he left but our corners are just fine. We’ve been the beneficiary on the other side of the portal too.

Since he left the social media updates I've seen have been sharing stuff from the cusefootball account a lot.

So we replaced Duce with Jeremiah Wilson. Honestly three weeks into the season I think we “won”. Wilson is a dog. Undersized but has incredible timing and break to the ball. His tackling is comparable to Duce as well. Duce was a great open field tackler and Wilson seems to match that ability.

So we replaced Duce with Jeremiah Wilson. Honestly three weeks into the season I think we “won”. Wilson is a dog. Undersized but has incredible timing and break to the ball. His tackling is comparable to Duce as well. Duce was a great open field tackler and Wilson seems to match that ability.
Agree. Johnson is very good as well always in position with good instincts.

We have a different DC than last year Chestnut and Carter might have lost PT here had they not moved on. Both are probably in tough spots given how well those schools recruit and now having to sit a year if they want to move on again.

When Wilson entered the portal early in the off-season I was beyond disappointed. We all heard how high our staff was on him, thankfully we got the NIL things settled with him and got him out of the portal swiftly. We’re all seeing exactly why our staff had a sense of urgency to keep him, kid is an absolute baller.

Yup and people forget the Jerry went into the portal a couple days before Duce transfered.

As soon as Duce transfered Jerry withdrew from the portal.

I like the trade if we had to choose 1. (though I would still prefer both)

There's been articles saying NIL in some cases is tied to performance and kids aren't making nearly as much as they think they're going to with these "up to," deals. I highly doubt his NIL was much bigger the way it has worked out at LSU, and now his NFL dreams have all but evaporated.

I could be wrong but I was pretty sure NIL deals can't be tied to performance, playing time, etc. Where these kids don't make the $ they think they will is when they're supposed to show up to 5,000 events at $10 apiece and they only make it to 30. But I could be wrong on the performance thing.

He wasn’t even starting.

He came in at the FSU as a back up and made the INT on one of the first plays he was in.

After that they put him in for the remainder of the game and he consistently got torched on double moves

Exactly what he did here
Gotcha, at least he got that NIL I guess? PT would probably be better in the long term tho..

th

Then he shouldn’t have left. Probably misses it now because the grass turned out to be brown.

Manager at a job told me this when I was young and another guy had just left to go to a competitor.

“Grass isn’t always greener on the other side, it’s usually astro turf”.

In the case of that job, they were both astro turf lol

Status
Not open for further replies.