CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure?

What I heard from a fairly reliable source and if he was at the game would seem to indicate he wasn’t told to stay away. Doesn’t mean there wasn’t some butt hurt feelings by the staff (which i get) but that’s different than leaving on “bad” terms

I think they would take him back just logistics could be an issue one would think.

If Dino is okay with it, and the logistics work out [to your point -- sounds like he'd need to be a grad transfer to avoid sitting out a year], then sure.

But if Dino is not cool with it, to hell with Duce.

And if there are better CB options out there, then go after them instead of Duce.

Don’t know what it means or if he’ll travel but he’s listed 3rd string on this weeks depth chart along with a couple others.

Don’t know what it means or if he’ll travel but he’s listed 3rd string on this weeks depth chart along with a couple others.
Hmm, when you think about it, this info makes the whole concept of Name, Image, and Likeness payments just another fig-leafed joke on the NCAA.
I mean are a whole lotta LSU fans wearing the jerseys of 3rd string cornerbacks?!

LSU just announced a tragedy with one of their safeties being diagnosed with a form of brain cancer. I only bring it up in terms of how it may be impacting their secondary depth

LSU just announced a tragedy with one of their safeties being diagnosed with a form of brain cancer. I only bring it up in terms of how it may be impacting their secondary depth
The safety, Greg Brooks, actually had surgery a couple of weeks ago and only played in their first two games, so the changes to their depth have been in place for a while.

Weird situation. I wonder if Duce regrets leaving SU. He liked a tweet saying come home to Cuse.

He's liked MANY of these tweets

https://twitter.com/MrCbioteacher/status/1709295409925939335

https://twitter.com/JeffAbramo/status/1709276291088666837

He clearly at the very least has fond memories of the place. Whether he regrets the decision is only something he would know although it would seem likely. Who knows what happens next. Maybe he finds a way to graduate and he can get one more year here as a grad transfer.

He's liked MANY of these tweets

https://twitter.com/MrCbioteacher/status/1709295409925939335

https://twitter.com/JeffAbramo/status/1709276291088666837

He clearly at the very least has fond memories of the place. Whether he regrets the decision is only something he would know although it would seem likely. Who knows what happens next. Maybe he finds a way to graduate and he can get one more year here as a grad transfer.
It’s a cautionary tale for all the potential portal jumpers, or it should be .

He's in year 3 of his college eligibility. Hopefully, he took lots of summer courses at SU, and finishes out this semester at LSU. Maybe he's close to graduating, to quality for the grad transfer immediate eligibility.

Otherwise, coming back here doesn't seem likely, unless he's willing to sit out.

And if that's the case, the staff might prioritize bringing in players who can see the field immediately next year over Duce.

He's in year 3 of his college eligibility. Hopefully, he took lots of summer courses at SU, and finishes out this semester at LSU. Maybe he's close to graduating, to quality for the grad transfer immediate eligibility.

Otherwise, coming back here doesn't seem likely, unless he's willing to sit out.

And if that's the case, the staff might prioritize bringing in players who can see the field immediately next year over Duce.
They should always prioritize brining in players better than what they have or had, right?

They should always prioritize brining in players better than what they have or had, right?

Agreed.

If Duce is the best option out there, then target him. If some other CB is out there that the coaching staff believes is a better system fit, then Duce might be out of luck.

Precarious situation he finds himself in. Grass wasn't greener, and now he's in limbo. Maybe SU will offer a soft landing [and by the sounds of things, this is his preferred outcome], but then again maybe they won't.

You bring him back for the PR value

Status
Not open for further replies.