Class of 2015 - CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU

Correct.
When will he have made that decision. He kind of needs to finish pretty dang quickly to be ready to enroll in a little over 2 months.

B1JhO5YCUAATowA.jpg:large

CrunchTime‏@Bubba_island 17m17 minutes ago
I'm Officially Decommitting From Syracuse University I want to way out my options. It was blessing being part of the Orange family. #gocuse

Hope I'm wrong, but could be the first of a bunch.

Can't blame any recruit at this point. Looks like a rudderless ship from the outside.

He was McDonalds' recruit. Hearing about the permanent change in OC to Lester might have been what prompted his decision.

Not suprising, hopefully the majority of the class stays intact, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I know the current record is bad but from what I have seen especially on D, SU is moving in the right direction. The O needs some work but I think injuries and young players adjusting have been a huge factor this year. I look at Butgers and they haven't even competed when it came time to playing the tougher teams. SU has made ND, FSU, and Clemson work for their wins. Hope the recruits see this and feel that they can make a difference and get the team over the hump.

At this point, it looks like all of McDonald's recruits would be at risk. Have to wonder whether we'll hold on to any of the Florida kids.

At this point, it looks like all of McDonald's recruits would be at risk. Have to wonder whether we'll hold on to any of the Florida kids.

The bye week can come soon enough. Not only for the team to get a rest but for the coaches to get out on the road and have some face time with these commits.

Disappointing news.
FL down, NJ step up. Acosta could be a key here to stabilize the recruiting ship.
We might steal a few kids late from Jersey.
A lot of twists in turns ahead.. 3-6 will not help this year :)

Per twitter Robinson is still considering Syracuse.

FREE ARTICLE..

Nov 05, 2014 | 10:54 am
Robinson Decommits, Still Considering Cuse
Three-star Hialeah (Fla.) Champagnat Catholic cornerback Gerald Robinson was an early commit to Syracuse. On Wednesday, he decided to open things back by tweeting that he has decommitted.

”I just want to weigh my options right now,” Robinson said of his decision when reached by phone.
The news is not all bad for the Orange, however.
He added he is “absolutely” still considering Syracuse. He plans to take his official visit to Syracuse in January with the current commits as originally planned. Robinson is also considering Kentucky, Utah and Florida Atlantic. He plans to take officials at all three of those schools in addition to Syracuse.

Last edited:
Per twitter Robinson is still considering Syracuse.

So was Doyle Grimes supposedly. 247 also has Andrew Spence predicted to flip to Maryland. Doesn't look good. McD will definitely have to be replaced by a strong Florida recruiter. We really need to keep the pipeline open. I thought very highly of Robinson. Thought he would be an impact player at a huge position of need. Kinda depressed with this news, but not really surprised. All the losing is making it worse.

Those who wanted McDonald demoted had to understand the negative effect it would have on Florida recruiting. Better find a strong So. Fla. recruiter moving forward or the talent gap may never be closed.