Class of 2014 - CB Juwan Dowels (FL) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Juwan Dowels (FL) Offered

Pretty much committed this weekend. Staff is stoked about this kid. Feeling among the coaches was a done deal fyi. Glad it's official.

Oh yeah, go kick rocks Rutty.

Pretty much committed this weekend. Staff is stoked about this kid. Feeling among the coaches was a done deal fyi. Glad it's official.

Oh yeah, go kick rocks Rutty.
I hope they feel that same way about the other 4-5 visitors from the weekend!

Nick44 said:
I hope they feel that same way about the other 4-5 visitors from the weekend!

Time to buy.

Sweet I was hoping he was the other CB that committed. Knew something was up and very glad I was right about it. Great combo out of Florida with Hudson.

anomander thanks for posting that writeup from the braniacs cant be more excited about Dowels! Congrats Juwan welcome to the ORANGE FAMILY!

Dowels is a true field corner that can play the man to man defense that Shafer's defense requires.

Pumped about this kid! He is going to good, and soon. Focus on school now and come up here and compete.

Why hasn't Scout rated Juwan when the kid has offers from OK, Clemson and TAM to name a few and being named the Broward Defensive POY for smaller class schools in FL?

Why hasn't Scout rated Juwan when the kid has offers from OK, Clemson and TAM to name a few and being named the Broward Defensive POY for smaller class schools in FL?

same with Zeek. I think they should be graded this week. Think they both deserve 3 stars. Either way we know they are extremely talented prospects, I just want to see a good rating for perception. As silly as it sounds being able to say you had a top 40 recruiting class is good for the program.

Time to buy.

Rocco, youre not worried about Zeek and Ward? Watson is a luxury, and like Spearman last year, its very hard to win those battles at the very end. I hope Zeek remembers that SS and co have been recruiting him for a long time and Clawson just came on board!

same with Zeek. I think they should be graded this week. Think they both deserve 3 stars. Either way we know they are extremely talented prospects, I just want to see a good rating for perception. As silly as it sounds being able to say you had a top 40 recruiting class is good for the program.

Yes. Clemsons' 2014 class is ranked 13/14th and they are basically done and already working on 2015.

what silly is that early on Adly Enoicy was a 4* over at rvls and now they've dropped him to 2* 5.4 status which means he'll end up hurting our ranking.

The Juwan file

*Class 5A state championship this season at American Heritage

*Broward County Class 5A-4A-3A-2A Defensive Player of Year

*1st Team All-State DB Class 5A

*Sun-Sentinel ranks him #12 in Broward County. (There’s nearly 30 BCS level recruits in Broward County this year; nearly 50 D1 recruits overall)

Reread that – 30 kids in the county are committed to BCS schools.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...uiting-rankings-0416-20130415,0,1669923.story

On the lead-up to American Heritage’s State Championship game:

ORLANDO -- Former Miami Dolphin Patrick Surtain knows what having two good cornerbacks can do for a defense.

“If you have two good corners you can do a lot of things,” said Surtain, a three-time Pro Bowl selection who teamed with four-time Pro Bowl selection Sam Madison in the late 1990s and early 2000s to lead the Dolphins secondary.

“I think we have two of the best in the country right here at American Heritage in Tarvarus [McFadden] and Juwan [Dowels],” added Surtain, Heritage’s defensive backs coach.“We’re in zero coverage about 70 percent of the time because of them. To put those guys in those [one-on-one] situations [without safety help], [defensive coordinator Daryl Porter] and I have a lot of confidence in them that they can hold up. So far, so good.”

McFadden is a Rivals five-star recruit in the Class of 2015 with offers from several major colleges. Dowels leads the state with eight interceptions and is committed to play at Northern Illinois next season.

“It does get boring after a while when you face teams that run the ball that much, but you can’t fall asleep,” said McFadden, who has yet to make an interception this season because teams rarely throw his way. “We’ve played against teams before that don’t throw the ball a lot. But there’s always that one or two they throw and we have to make a play when it comes.”

Heritage coach Mike Rumph joked this week that “if we have bad corners here at Heritage, there is a problem.” The coaching staff includes three former NFL defensive backs (Rumph, Surtain and Porter).

Read more here:http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/13/3815417/american-heritage-needs-its-best.html#storylink=cpy

The Juwan file

*Class 5A state championship this season at American Heritage

*Broward County Class 5A-4A-3A-2A Defensive Player of Year

*1st Team All-State DB Class 5A

*Sun-Sentinel ranks him #12 in Broward County. (There’s nearly 30 BCS level recruits in Broward County this year; nearly 50 D1 recruits overall)

Reread that – 30 kids in the county are committed to BCS schools.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...uiting-rankings-0416-20130415,0,1669923.story

On the lead-up to American Heritage’s State Championship game:

ORLANDO -- Former Miami Dolphin Patrick Surtain knows what having two good cornerbacks can do for a defense.

“If you have two good corners you can do a lot of things,” said Surtain, a three-time Pro Bowl selection who teamed with four-time Pro Bowl selection Sam Madison in the late 1990s and early 2000s to lead the Dolphins secondary.

“I think we have two of the best in the country right here at American Heritage in Tarvarus [McFadden] and Juwan [Dowels],” added Surtain, Heritage’s defensive backs coach.“We’re in zero coverage about 70 percent of the time because of them. To put those guys in those [one-on-one] situations [without safety help], [defensive coordinator Daryl Porter] and I have a lot of confidence in them that they can hold up. So far, so good.”

McFadden is a Rivals five-star recruit in the Class of 2015 with offers from several major colleges. Dowels leads the state with eight interceptions and is committed to play at Northern Illinois next season.

“It does get boring after a while when you face teams that run the ball that much, but you can’t fall asleep,” said McFadden, who has yet to make an interception this season because teams rarely throw his way. “We’ve played against teams before that don’t throw the ball a lot. But there’s always that one or two they throw and we have to make a play when it comes.”

Heritage coach Mike Rumph joked this week that “if we have bad corners here at Heritage, there is a problem.” The coaching staff includes three former NFL defensive backs (Rumph, Surtain and Porter).

Read more here:http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/13/3815417/american-heritage-needs-its-best.html#storylink=cpy

Any chance with Dowels on-board that we could become a player for McFadden in 2015?

Any chance with Dowels on-board that we could become a player for McFadden in 2015?

I doubt it but I'm sure we'll try. This kid is probably a lock for one of Florida's big 3. My early guess would be FSU.

Rocco, youre not worried about Zeek and Ward? Watson is a luxury, and like Spearman last year, its very hard to win those battles at the very end. I hope Zeek remembers that SS and co have been recruiting him for a long time and Clawson just came on board!
Watson most certainly isn't a luxury, we need to bring in one more LB in the class. If we don't land him or Thomas not sure what the contingency plan is. Maybe Demetrius Johnson?

Hell'uva coaching staff that he has learned from in HS. Surtain was a pro-bowler with the Dolphins for a few years and Rumph was a 1st rd pick out of Miami. Have to think that is a major plus.