Class of 2016 - CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Monquavion Brinson (GA) to Georgia Southern

OttoinGrotto said:
You post really weird stuff, man. This staff needs to learn the hard way?

They're going to make some mistakes. This is new territory for them, new recruiting grounds. They need to establish themselves in a P5 conference.

I applaud them going after some recruits that may be hard to flip or recruit in the first place.

Why is this so hard to understand?

I guess I forget to apply for my "Dino and his staff can do no wrong" membership.

They're going to make some mistakes. This is new territory for them, new recruiting grounds. They need to establish themselves in a P5 conference.

I applaud them going after some recruits that may be hard to flip or recruit in the first place.

I guess I forget to apply for my "Dino and his staff can do no wrong" membership.

Please stop.

Dino and his staff MUST at the end of the day realize that Shafer and his staff made some solid P5 recruiting connections and realize this and not ignore some kids just bc they were courted by the previous staff, especially on defense and db where we have a huge need

Dino and his staff MUST at the end of the day realize that Shafer and his staff made some solid P5 recruiting connections and realize this and not ignore some kids just bc they were courted by the previous staff, especially on defense and db where we have a huge need

If you really think Dino and Company are ignoring and saying no to kids just because they were recruited by Shafer - than you are completely missing the point. They evaluate who fits in with their system and go from there.

If you really think Dino and Company are ignoring and saying no to kids just because they were recruited by Shafer - than you are completely missing the point. They evaluate who fits in with their system and go from there.

Any talented 3 star corner with this kids skills fits into any system, especially our secondary!

Any talented 3 star corner with this kids skills fits into any system, especially our secondary!

Why do I have a feeling another "stars" debate is coming.

Tell me how many 5'10 160lb Cornerbacks you see playing a Tampa 2 style position. You feel comfortable with that size on an island guarding bigger WRs. I wish the kid the best of luck if he moves on - but I'm not losing sleep if he decides not to come.

There's a lot of real estate between Dino and staff can do no wrong and they need to learn the hard way.

Why do I have a feeling another "stars" debate is coming.

Tell me how many 5'10 160lb Cornerbacks you see playing a Tampa 2 style position. You feel comfortable with that size on an island guarding bigger WRs. I wish the kid the best of luck if he moves on - but I'm not losing sleep if he decides not to come.

How many +6-0 190 dbs do you see lining up to play for Syracuse? As long as he can run and cover who cares what his size is, he's not playing safety. Beggars can't be choosers. We don't have any corners.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't our defense now mostly put corners on an island?

This staff needs to learn the hard way. All part of the process.

Maybe they don't need to learn the hard way maybe someone can DM or email them. Syracuse can be a tough place to recruit, it is improving greatly, but until they prove to be a winner on our field, they will face many similar challenges as previous staffs.

My words:
"Be careful not burn any recruiting bridges, recruiting has been leaps and bounds better in the past two years, after several years of hard rebuilding. You are following a popular staff in the eyes of high school coaches, that invested in their players as men, you want to keep that positive family flow going."

The new staff has a similar family approach that attracted so many recruits to SU in the past few years. If they keep those connections open it will make the new staff's life 100% easier in the future when that 5 star guy comes out of the same high school as the 3 star guy you gave a shot and turned into a NFLer.

I don't think this applies to a cornerback in this case, but if a kid doesn't fit your system and won't play much that is fine. An honest frank discussion with the player, his family and his coach with the player's best interest in mind will be respected, but he deserves that visit in person. I also believe that any kid you move on from a coach should offer to serve his family as a sounding board as he makes a new decision because a College Coach knows other programs and coaching staffs better than anyone.

If I'm Dino once the quiet period starts I'm on the road and my staff is on the road and on the phone with Eric White and Cole dial meeting with the head coaches of every Syracuse current player. Make sure every coach knows you are going to do everything you can to make their player the best they can be. Then start going to all the coaches where we had a near miss on a recruit in the past few years, saying our family is still strong, our academics are still spectacular, and now we are going to build a powerhouse.

HS coaches are where this recruiting game is won and lost, this was learned the very hard way after the coach P era, and we were just starting to get back. Yes winning solves recruiting but recruiting feeds winning and we don't have winning on our field yet.

Maybe they don't need to learn the hard way maybe someone can DM or email them. Syracuse can be a tough place to recruit, it is improving greatly, but until they prove to be a winner on our field, they will face many similar challenges as previous staffs.

My words:
"Be careful not burn any recruiting bridges, recruiting has been leaps and bounds better in the past two years, after several years of hard rebuilding. You are following a popular staff in the eyes of high school coaches, that invested in their players as men, you want to keep that positive family flow going."

The new staff has a similar family approach that attracted so many recruits to SU in the past few years. If they keep those connections open it will make the new staff's life 100% easier in the future when that 5 star guy comes out of the same high school as the 3 star guy you gave a shot and turned into a NFLer.

I don't think this applies to a cornerback in this case, but if a kid doesn't fit your system and won't play much that is fine. An honest frank discussion with the player, his family and his coach with the player's best interest in mind will be respected, but he deserves that visit in person. I also believe that any kid you move on from a coach should offer to serve his family as a sounding board as he makes a new decision because a College Coach knows other programs and coaching staffs better than anyone.

If I'm Dino once the quiet period starts I'm on the road and my staff is on the road and on the phone with Eric White and Cole dial meeting with the head coaches of every Syracuse current player. Make sure every coach knows you are going to do everything you can to make their player the best they can be. Then start going to all the coaches where we had a near miss on a recruit in the past few years, saying our family is still strong, our academics are still spectacular, and now we are going to build a powerhouse.

HS coaches are where this recruiting game is won and lost, this was learned the very hard way after the coach P era, and we were just starting to get back. Yes winning solves recruiting but recruiting feeds winning and we don't have winning on our field yet.

White and Dial are probably gone. And the Dead period is next... 12/14-1/13. No road trips.

White and Dial are probably gone. And the Dead period is next... 12/14-1/13. No road trips.
Mistake. This staff were never world beaters at recruiting and they are going to let go of Eric White and Cole Dial? These guys could find kids other people were overlooking, could make connections with recruits, and KNEW how to get their attention once on campus. Wow.

I'm definitely not saying they will (it's WAY too early) but if this staff starts to lag in gaining solid recruits the next couple years then I'm going to really hate all the Syracuse "fans" that shouted for Shafer to be gone.

Mistake. This staff were never world beaters at recruiting and they are going to let go of Eric White and Cole Dial? These guys could find kids other people were overlooking, could make connections with recruits, and KNEW how to get their attention once on campus. Wow.

I'm definitely not saying they will (it's WAY too early) but if this staff starts to lag in gaining solid recruits the next couple years then I'm going to really hate all the Syracuse "fans" that shouted for Shafer to be gone.

I won't. It was time for Shafer to go.

White / Dial did fine work here. They are hardly irreplaceable, and my belief is that winning trumps all when it comes to attracting recruits.

We're in a much better position now than we were last year. And once Babers starts winning, we'll be fine.

Kind of a funny thing to say on the day we just hired a coach who is considered one of the very best recruiters in the country.

jekelish said:
Kind of a funny thing to say on the day we just hired a coach who is considered one of the very best recruiters in the country.

Is he? I haven't heard that anywhere great to hear though.

CuseLegacy said:

Ok i hope not. Thoughts on the rest of it?

Sports Illustrated, for example, said that very thing today.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/11/chris-beatty-syracuse-virginia

"His hiring would be a recruiting coup for Babers. One of college football’s top recruiters, Beatty is highly respected in Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Florida, all key areas for the Orange."
I think he thinks you're referring to Babers. Beatty is a really exciting addition to this staff though. Great recruiter in key areas, and has coached all over the map, and all over the field.

Orijinal said:
Mistake. This staff were never world beaters at recruiting and they are going to let go of Eric White and Cole Dial? These guys could find kids other people were overlooking, could make connections with recruits, and KNEW how to get their attention once on campus. Wow. I'm definitely not saying they will (it's WAY too early) but if this staff starts to lag in gaining solid recruits the next couple years then I'm going to really hate all the Syracuse "fans" that shouted for Shafer to be gone.

When you go all in with a proven HC, you go all in. There's not one area that was doing so well that it didn't deserve scrutiny and if Babers wanted it - a fix.

I thought White and Dial were great. But I trust Babers.

I think he thinks you're referring to Babers. Beatty is a really exciting addition to this staff though. Great recruiter in key areas, and has coached all over the map, and all over the field.
I'm not sure that makes sense, if that's what he's actually saying, since we hired Babers a week ago and I said "today" (yesterday). But maybe so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom