Cespedes | Syracusefan.com

Cespedes

I liked it better than the Gomez trade...although I had some suspicions that Cespedes might have some kind of attitude problem. Hard to believe that so many teams have let the guy go.

I'm a Red Sox fan (AL) and I was was puzzled when they got rid of him.

Go Mets...a great season so far.

I have no idea what happened in Boston, Oakland, and Detroit, but he is a perfect fit in this clubhouse. Its unreal what he has done so far as a Met.

Beast!

I think he's been victim of circumstance. The As traded him for Lester when they were going all in. He didn't play great for the Sox so they traded him and a couple of other guys for Porcello... which now seems like a really dumb trade. The Tigers are starting over so they have him to the Mets as a rental. I'd take him but I'm leary of paying a 29 year old 20mm plus for 7 years. Thats how the mets got in this situation in the first place.

The question is do they pay him...Ray Knight on the MASN postgame last night said he's been like Hank Aaron the last 6 weeks, it's truly absurd how he's raking.

If the Mets made the Gomez deal they wanted to make the NL East would be tied right now (with some horrific managing in DC and Queens) .

Beast!

I think he's been victim of circumstance. The As traded him for Lester when they were going all in. He didn't play great for the Sox so they traded him and a couple of other guys for Porcello... which now seems like a really dumb trade. The Tigers are starting over so they have him to the Mets as a rental. I'd take him but I'm leary of paying a 29 year old 20mm plus for 7 years. Thats how the mets got in this situation in the first place.

I agree with this; really the only questionable trade was the Sox thing for Porcello, which just looks like a terrible evaluation of Porcello on their part. Lester is an ace, you can see that trade. And Detroit couldn't offer him a QO and were out of the race.

If the Mets could run a payroll like they should, then that kind of contract to Cespedes won't kill them. If it's 110-120, then it doesn't have to kill them, but less margin for error for sure.

I agree with this; really the only questionable trade was the Sox thing for Porcello, which just looks like a terrible evaluation of Porcello on their part. Lester is an ace, you can see that trade. And Detroit couldn't offer him a QO and were out of the race.

If the Mets could run a payroll like they should, then that kind of contract to Cespedes won't kill them. If it's 110-120, then it doesn't have to kill them, but less margin for error for sure.
According to some guy in the post it would take 7 for 150mm. They are using guys like Cano as a bench mark... that already looks like a terrible contract in year 2.

According to some guy in the post it would take 7 for 150mm. They are using guys like Cano as a bench mark... that already looks like a terrible contract in year 2.

Choo got 7/140 or so a few winters ago. btw, my 110-120 comment was in regards to the Mets payroll, not the overall value of the Cesepdes deal. I think he blows past 120.

The question is do they pay him...Ray Knight on the MASN postgame last night said he's been like Hank Aaron the last 6 weeks, it's truly absurd how he's raking.

If the Mets made the Gomez deal they wanted to make the NL East would be tied right now (with some horrific managing in DC and Queens) .

My gut says probably not, esp with only 5 days to get a deal done. Even if they don't its been one the best rentals in the history of baseball.

My gut says probably not, esp with only 5 days to get a deal done. Even if they don't its been one the best rentals in the history of baseball.

They were able to negotiate that clause away, they have the same window as everyone else now.

They were able to negotiate that clause away, they have the same window as everyone else now.

I didn't realize that, thats great. Well hopefully with a deep playoff run, the Mets can make enough revenue to get a deal done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom