Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Marcus Howard from Marquette. Maybe not as quick but bigger body and size

He has a terrible temper. Ok I had to interject at least one negative. But so did Devo.

But if he goes to the free throw line with the game on the line...wow what a historically different feeling we all will have!

It will be an interesting test for the curse of Syracuse free throw shooting.

Unreal shooting but I don't think his ability to drive will translate in college (at least initially). Dude is going to be special on the perimeter.

What will be interesting is what he looks like if he’s in better basketball shape. He kind of looks like a football player playing Basketball at this point. Does it allow him to gain a half-step of quickness? Not sure and I’m not being critical just from watching him I feel like he could benefit from year-round hoops.

I’m still kind of unsure what to expect from him. Teams are obviously going to try and make him put it on the floor at least initially and sometimes shooting doesn’t translate in year 1.

That said I agree that — even against little comp — it’s pretty rare to average 50 ppg. So all in all, pretty interesting to watch for the next few years.

I've never been sure if he'll be able to take guys off the bounce and that's the one thing I've been waiting to see. But man, when you watch guys like Frank and even Buddy with the ball in their hands, I feel like Joe will be just fine and probably better.

Man I really don't want to get my hopes up, but this cat can SCORE. some of his three's were from the parking lot and his release is already quick.

Yes I know its against opponents that wont play ACC D1, but its hard to ignore what hes doing...
Look at the coach at about the 30 second mark.

Pick and roll at top of the key is going to be deadly. Perfect for our system

I feel like deep 2s are a big part of our offense - that video tells me nothing of whether he can make that shot!

it will be interesting to see how he does fri against the 6-5 guard that Schalmont has.. he is getting some Div 1 looks too
I fully expect Schalmont to win but I want to see Girard will his team to victory. These two teams might be the best class B teams in the state. And just to rant, I still can't believe they have moved the state tourney to Binghamton. That's a joke. Albany area is big time high school hoops. Not Binghamton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom