Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 190 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/winner/joe-girard iii/37156

Gatorade Basketball Player of the Year in NY! The kid is a winner!

"The award, which recognizes not only outstanding athletic excellence, but also high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character demonstrated on and off the field, distinguishes Girard III as New York’s best high school boys basketball player. Now a finalist for the prestigious Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year award to be announced in March, Girard III joins an elite alumni association of past state boys basketball award winners, including Karl-Anthony Towns (2012-13 & 2013-14, St. Joseph High School, N.J.), Dwight Howard (2003-04, Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy, Ga.), Chris Bosh (2001-02, Lincoln High School, Texas), Paul Pierce (1994-95, Inglewood High School, Calif.), Chauncey Billups (1993-94 & 1994-95, George Washington High School, Colo.) and Jason Kidd (1991-92, St. Joseph Notre Dame High School, Calif.). "

Edit - I just saw he won the year before as well.

Last edited:

Looks like they're all having a blast over at the Beoheim's. Let's hope all of this bonding time translates on the court when the season starts. :p

We have so many new players
View attachment 167460

Looks like they're all having a blast over at the Beoheim's. Let's hope all of this bonding time translates on the court when the season starts. :p
We have so many new players I feel like I am looking at a photo of team managers and walk ons. Who can name more than five players?

View attachment 167460

A couple things to like about this picture. 1) I believe every scholarship player is in the picture other than Marek (who we know about) and Sidibe (who we don’t know about). That has to mean that these 10 guys are all on campus taking summer classes and working out together. I can’t remember a summer where this many guys have been on campus at once (Especially the last few years with players training elsewhere). This can’t be anything but positive for team chemistry. Add in the Italy trip and this group, albeit inexperienced, may be able to hit the ground running this winter.
2) Hughes looks slimmer, which is a good sign.

He’s a lot like a Devo without the tattoos. He will drive opposing fans crazy. He definitively has a swagger and he won’t back down to anyone. He’s had to prove himself over and over no matter where he plays.
He should have gone to Ohio St. So he could trade some gear for tattoos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom