Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syracuse has had a bunch of stud centers at the college level
If he didnt have a such a temper and could have played 4 years Bill Smith would have put up unheard of numbers for a career. Smith was better than any of the centers mentioned earlier from the 2000's

Danny Shayes played behind Bouie until his senior year then played 18 years in the NBA and was near a lottery pick.

Etan Thomas was 2 time big east Defensive player of the year and played like 8 years in the NBA and was like a lottery pick.
First I've heard about temper issues. Any stories?

First I've heard about temper issues. Any stories?
He did something at WVa (?) that got him suspended for the rest of the season. No TV coverage then, so details are sketchy.

What I did see, in Manley--near the end of a game vs. Cornell, Smith took a run at the Big Red center, who was shooting from the perimeter. He launched himself, elbow-first (like an arrowhead), at his opponent's head. Fortunately, he didn't connect squarely.

What I did see, in Manley--near the end of a game vs. Cornell, Smith took a run at the Big Red center, who was shooting from the perimeter. He launched himself, elbow-first (like an arrowhead), at his opponent's head. Fortunately, he didn't connect squarely.
oh yeah!
WWE_MachoMan_Elbow_display_image.jpg

but imagine how much tougher he would be if he went to prep school and ditched his high school football friends......public school kids can't play.

I really really really like a trio of girard, goodine and guerrier.

I was very very very low on Girard early as well. I like each prospects attitude, fire and competitiveness

I really really really like a trio of girard, goodine and guerrier.

I was very very very low on Girard early as well. I like each prospects attitude, fire and competitiveness

If we could seal the deal with Akok and add a big guy (Q, Jones, or whoever, doesn't need to be Stewart), this recruiting class would be one of the best we've had in quite awhile IMO. And it's much needed with all the firepower we are scheduled to lose prior to the 2019-20 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom