Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I get the gmac comparisons and all but that was lightning in a bottle. Kid won’t be able to live to those expectations. That’s why I think it’s bc.
I want length on the wing and Bryce running point? Sign me up

I have no GMac expectations from anyone, because his late game heroics and big game performances...only special players do that stuff.

After the last 5 years of Orange offense though? I’ll gladly take a kid who averaged 50 ppg(50!! Lol) in high school and shot the ball well and was productive in AAU too.

I’ll take a Goodine, Buddy, Girard guard rotation in a few years. Gladly.

If not, we’ll get someone else good though. Just a matter of which good player we get at this point, IMO.

or former President or Secretary of State.
9BEAE6C4-DD85-4513-9162-AAEB371A0704.jpeg

I’m assuming he’s coming because...cmon. Syracuse basketball for an upstate NY kid. Or BC or Penn State. Not much of a decision when viewed from the outside.

If he doesn’t, there better not be any angst though. Adonal Foyle once picked Colgate. Who cares? We had Otis Hill and got Etan Thomas not long after. We’re Cuse. Probation is over. No more recruiting angst please.

If a player wants to pick a Team like BC or PSU all I can do is laugh and say good luck. Syracuse is a steady, all time program that continues to do real things, in epic games, in front of epic crowds. And will continue to do so without that player.

more cardiff giant than sleeping giant: set in stone, and a hoax

When this thread started way back when I said to myself: this one’s not over until we get a Cardiff Electric reference! And boom!

Not PS. BC. And how can you forget Jim Ouderkirk!
damn, you are good. Jim went there in early 70s (1972 I think). He went to CBA his freshman year high school before going to West Gennessee. He played at Penn State over 40 years ago.

Or just old. Jim was a senior at West Genny my freshman year. Had a mini pipeline from WG with Jim Rosecrans playing linebacker at PSU.
Jim was a freshman at CBA my sophomore year. We were on the baseball team together. I was the manager and he played OF and a little 1B.

If he doesn’t, there better not be any angst though. Adonal Foyle once picked Colgate. Who cares? We had Otis Hill and got Etan Thomas not long after. We’re Cuse. Probation is over. No more recruiting angst please.
Sorry, too late. If JG3 does not choose Cuse, I will be bummed.

JG3 would represent to me, the end of sanctions and back to SU hoops as we used to know. JG3 seems like a smart kid and he knows his options. If he chooses SU, he is consciously choosing to put in the effort and earn his playing time, which in all likelihood comes in his junior and senior years as the SU pg. It's hard to get a kid as good as JG3 who will do this.

I want the local upstate legend who puts in his dues The scrappy, competitive, dead eye FT shooter type. This is exactly the type of kid I want to be rooting for - in basketball and in life.

Since I want this kid to choose SU, I will be disappointed if he doesn't, that's unfortunately just how it works.

Sorry, too late. If JG3 does not choose Cuse, I will be bummed.

JG3 would represent to me, the end of sanctions and back to SU hoops as we used to know. JG3 seems like a smart kid and he knows his options. If he chooses SU, he is consciously choosing to put in the effort and earn his playing time, which in all likelihood comes in his junior and senior years as the SU pg. It's hard to get a kid as good as JG3 who will do this.

I want the local upstate legend who puts in his dues The scrappy, competitive, dead eye FT shooter type. This is exactly the type of kid I want to be rooting for - in basketball and in life.

Since I want this kid to choose SU, I will be disappointed if he doesn't, that's unfortunately just how it works.
Preach on, brother!

Joe is a solid character guy who is loyal to his family, friends, and hometown. He had other high school/prep options and he stayed.

He’s not a glory hore. He a serious competitor afflicted we the need to win at whatever he does. He’s not in it for the media. He does it to satisfy his own thirst to win and especially not fail.

Think about it:
Probably Cuse fan growing up.
Played with guys on team.
Knows the Boeheims
We are stacked for legitimate Championship run.
Familiar with Dome
30,000 fans.
Close to home.
Loyal guy by nature.
Stewart?

I love our chances!

Here’s a sign, was just in the shower and while getting out I envisioned joe in a Syracuse jersey and i had orange boxers and a blue Wifebeater i had ready to put on.
Are you almost prepared to switch your allegiance from Dion to JGIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom