Phoenix Suns
COLLEGE: Syracuse
HT: 6-8
WT: 203
POS: SF
i

Suns' forecasted record: 40-42***
Analysis:
If the Suns can grab a power forward with their first pick, they can move toward a small forward with their second pick. Marcus Morris and Gerald Green will be the only two threes left on the roster after this season, and Grant exudes much more potential.

***The Timberwolves will send their first-round pick to Phoenix if it falls somewhere from 14-30.

Sucks in a selfish kinda way because the NBA blows and no one wants him to go to the league. safe tosay he's gone after the season. But its in his best interest to enter the draft barring something unforeseen. It will be fun watching you play Mr Grant

Sucks in a selfish kinda way because the NBA blows and no one wants him to go to the league. safe tosay he's gone after the season. But its in his best interest to enter the draft barring something unforeseen. It will be fun watching you play Mr Grant

His family certainly does not need the money. I say he sticks around next year, becomes an all-ACC/player of the year candidate, then easily goes top 10, if not top 5.

Not necessarily. His father was an NBA player, and presumably Jerami might not have the same financial pressures that many [most?] other NBA prospects have.

It might be in his best interest to stick around another year, continue to develop his physical maturity, and be the focal point of the offensive gameplan as a junior. :noidea:

This is gonna be a loaded draft. I think there's a descent chance he'll stick around if he's not projected top 15. Obviously it would be foolish to say he'll definitely stay, but I don't think he's as good as gone yet.

His family certainly does not need the money. I say he sticks around next year, becomes an all-ACC/player of the year candidate, then easily goes top 10, if not top 5.

Given that Jabari Parker is the only ACC player projected higher than him, then it's safe to say that Jerami is already an ACC POY candidate.

Mock drafts in early September are insane. 1) How does he ordain the draft order in the NBA? 2) How does he know what kind of season anyone will have? 3) What about the kids who "come out of nowhere" .. as Wes Johnson did three years ago?

Silly to pay much attention to this stuff two months before the season starts.

Mock drafts in early September are insane. 1) How does he ordain the draft order in the NBA? 2) How does he know what kind of season anyone will have? 3) What about the kids who "come out of nowhere" .. as Wes Johnson did three years ago?

But...But...It's fun!!

Ford talks to a ton of NBA people. Drafting on potential is how the NBA works and Grant was on their radar last year.

I'll go as far as saying that had he entered the draft in June, he would have been a late 1st-round pick. He doesn't need to be the focus of the offense for good scouts to see his athleticism, hoops IQ, and potential. Loaded draft or not, he's a 1st-rounder and it's best if we don't act surprised in April when he declares following the title celebration in the Dome.

Mock drafts in early September are not insane at all. The NBA drafts more on potential than on-court results. Sure Jerami playing well this year will only improve his stock, but with his talent, pedigree and potential, he's already a hot commodity.

If we lose Grant early, we just slide sophomore Roberson next to Chris McCullough. And we still will have Dejuan and Rak.

Still a pretty lethal front court.

Jerami Grant
Phoenix Suns
COLLEGE: Syracuse
HT: 6-8
WT: 203
POS: SF
i

Suns' forecasted record: 40-42***
Analysis:
If the Suns can grab a power forward with their first pick, they can move toward a small forward with their second pick. Marcus Morris and Gerald Green will be the only two threes left on the roster after this season, and Grant exudes much more potential.

***The Timberwolves will send their first-round pick to Phoenix if it falls somewhere from 14-30.
Idiots... he's 7'3"... and a quarter.

is Marcus Morris really considered a 3? I thought he was a PF all the way. I know he has some range on his jump shot but I can't imagine him playing small forward. I don't pay enough attention to know but that doesn't seem right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom