Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

party GIF

Like I had said in talking to a huge Auburn fan in a previous post- they were really bummed on this loss. Very much the way if not even more than we were with a certain dude who went to SH.

I appreciated that tidbit of info when you shared it. Made me hopeful for next year.

If I recall there was a view around Chance being the best of all the guards we were after aggressively in the 22 cycle.. Zion, Dior etc.
Lot of people here thought Chinoso was legit too. Hell, there were people on the Matthew Moyer one and done train.

Difficult to gauge anyone based on posts around here.

Much better avenues for these guys scouting reports.

I think Chance will be fine, but he’s coming off an injury and would like to see how that effects him going into this year. Even Dasher said Copeland may start over him.

Lot of people here thought Chinoso was legit too. Hell, there were people on the Matthew Moyer one and done train.

Difficult to gauge anyone based on posts around here.

Much better avenues for these guys scouting reports.

I think Chance will be fine, but he’s coming off an injury and would like to see how that effects him going into this year. Even Dasher said Copeland may start over him.

I thought Dasher was referring to starting alongside him but I get your point. There is a bit of fire with the smoke based on what's been shared and seen at Auburn before surgery so it's not all rampant speculation at this point to be fair. I honestly never understood bringing a kid back quickly off a knee injury. A 29 year old sure- you can manage through it better mentally and even then it takes time. At 19/20 it takes much longer to trust that knee and get back to full speed. Been there done that - at that age.

I thought Dasher was referring to starting alongside him but I get your point. There is a bit of fire with the smoke based on what's been shared and seen at Auburn before surgery so it's not all rampant speculation at this point to be fair. I honestly never understood bringing a kid back quickly off a knee injury. A 29 year old sure- you can manage through it better mentally and even then it takes time. At 19/20 it takes much longer to trust that knee and get back to full speed. Been there done that - at that age.
Destroyed my ankle at that age, had been swollen since, couldn’t even imagine a knee.

Destroyed my ankle at that age, had been swollen since, couldn’t even imagine a knee.

Yep. It was at Archbold for me. Two years after I had tore my quad as well. Crossed over a kid went up for a layup and he purposely undercut me while in the air. Tore all 3 ligaments .. fun times. Would have gotten in trouble for what would have happened after had I not blown out my knee.

We would have sold souls for a 2022 class backcourt of Chance and JJ. Now we have it

Seriously.

I'll take that starting back court in a heartbeat and so would a lot of other teams.

If we get Judah back, great, we have a pre-season AA in the back court as well.

People act like we're coming off averaging 25+ wins per season lately. We needed to change. We're changing.

Let's start with we all want Judah back. That being said, if he doesn't come back, SU will have lost 3 guards in Judah, Joe and Symir. JJ and Chance replace Joe and Judah. We'd be looking for a replacement, and hopefully an upgrade to Symir. Replacing Jessie's production is where SU is falling short. I believe, based on nothing other than hope, that Chance will be healthy and play well for Cuse.

"74. Chance Westry, CG: Committed to Syracuse, From Auburn (92)

Stats: 2.5 PPG, 0.7 RPG, 1.0 APG"

I don't agree with this one. Time to prove them wrong, Chance.
If they’re just looking at statistics and recruiting ranking, fine.

But given reports that he was looking like a starter and potential one and done, and then got hurt and only tried to play briefly due to injury…..it’s likely that he’ll prove he should be ranked way higher than this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom