Chandler Jones | Syracusefan.com

Chandler Jones

kjb120

2nd String
I just saw on espn bottom line that Mel Kiper has Chandler Jones going to the Chargers with the 18th pick. I knew his stock was rising but not to the level of being a mid first round pick. It looks like he definitely made the right decision.

And this from the Bill's site ( I didn't know he was a Rochester native or did they flub on this. If so it might tell you why the Bill's have struggled since Jim Kelly days were over):

"Syracuse’s Jones (6’5” 266) is a local product and an intriguing prospect. The Rochester native is not seen as an elite pass rushing talent, but the defensive end gets to the quarterback with impressive initial explosion and strength.

Jones is also blessed with long arms (35 ½”), which enabled him to keep offensive tackles off his body. The Syracuse end logged 10 sacks in 33 games with the Orange, and earned First Team All-Big East honors in 2011 despite missing five games with a knee injury.
He also had good bloodlines, with older brothers Arthur Jones a former fifth-round pick of the Ravens (2010) and Jonny “Bones” Jones the current UFC lightweight heavyweight champion.

Jones is a particular favorite of ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay.

“I think the most underrated player maybe in the entire draft and certainly on the defensive line is Chandler Jones of Syracuse,” said McShay. “I fell in love with him watching the East‑West Shrine game watching tape. I think he has so much upside. He's just scratching the surface.”

McShay believes Jones can be a late first or early second-round selection."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...ng-Bills/0219468d-f1e1-4923-84c6-4387e1538e3c

I think Arthur was 12 or 13 when they moved. All of them were born in Rochester.

it is fairly shocking to think Freeney was the best defensive player in college the year he came out.. almost unblock-able, and went 11th, and Jones who you could argue had a handful of quality plays in his whole career is being looked at only a few picks lower?

it is fairly shocking to think Freeney was the best defensive player in college the year he came out.. almost unblock-able, and went 11th, and Jones who you could argue had a handful of quality plays in his whole career is being looked at only a few picks lower?
shhh, let the kids enjoy themselves.

ajones is good. but not 18th good.

somebody got paid to say that......

Oh Lord

It's a different game now. Plus it's a weaker draft for DE's. Chandler would probably be the 3rd selected if he went in the mid-late first round. Freeney was in a draft class with Julius Peppers.

freeney is a freak.

short, with DE weight, yet LB speed.

10 years ago, im not sure DCs knew what to do with those 6' 1 DEs.

now they know to rely on college stats, expecially if they crush the combine.

I agree with Kasier but I still think he will be a mid second rounder as he has great size and is a a good athlete An agent would never grease a few palms? No way;)

I don't think there's any chance the Bills draft him. They signed two DE's in the offseason. Couple that with the fact that they are picking 10th, and there's no way he goes that high. I also don't think he would last until their second round pick.

I would have no problem with 2x SuperBowl MVP Eli Manning's Defending SuperBowl Champion New York Football Giants taking jones at 64.

:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom