Chow Time | Syracusefan.com

Chow Time

syr02esq

Starter
I remember like it was only yesterday that someone started a thread with this title. Just saw that Hawaii released Norm Chow (who I thought was a perfect match for Hawaii). A lot of us were salivating at the thought that we might get someone like Chow. Not sure if he would have done any better than Gerg.

Is it still Chow time?

Is Syracuse still in the Northeast?

He wasn't coming here a decade ago because he refused to move where it was cold.

His next job will be in Tahiti.

The football board two board ago was renamed Chow Line during Coach P's last year. The guy was a good coordinator but I think his career is over.

I'd rather have Don Ho.

image.jpeg

this was 10 years ago. Who knows what would have happened. Dude had a lot more cache back then as did Syracuse.

IthacaBarrel said:
this was 10 years ago. Who knows what would have happened. Dude had a lot more cache back then as did Syracuse.
how times have changed!

His zen mentality doesn't work as a head coach.

Now, if somehow he could be convinced to come be the OC... but that's literally the wildest of dreams.

I remember like it was only yesterday that someone started a thread with this title. Just saw that Hawaii released Norm Chow (who I thought was a perfect match for Hawaii). A lot of us were salivating at the thought that we might get someone like Chow. Not sure if he would have done any better than Gerg.

Is it still Chow time?
One of the reasons I am really slow to join the pitch fork crowd here. SS should get his fourth year because no matter who you hire its a roll of the dice.....at best. If were 3-5 at this point next year I'll join the mob.

His zen mentality doesn't work as a head coach.

Now, if somehow he could be convinced to come be the OC... but that's literally the wildest of dreams.

Yes, tell Mr. Lester thanks for all the efforts and sign up chow as OC, I'm all over that. A pipedream? yes, but a good one.

One of the reasons I am really slow to join the pitch fork crowd here. SS should get his fourth year because no matter who you hire its a roll of the dice...at best. If were 3-5 at this point next year I'll join the mob.

A lot of that has to do with purse strings, though, right? I mean, if the university is willing to pay huge dinero, they could still conceivably draw a pretty proven entity here with proven coordinators. I'm not squarely with the pitchfork crowd at all, but it has more to do with the fact that I would assume when we do go hire (this year or next or whenever), we'll be trying to do it for at most a modest price tag.

He's only good when the 11 guys he puts on the field are 4* and 5* talent across the board.

He's only good when the 11 guys he puts on the field are 4* and 5* talent across the board.

Yeah, that totally describes NC State, BYU, and Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom