Chris Cornell dead at 52 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Cornell dead at 52

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Died last night in Detroit. Absolutely loved his work. Saw him a few years ago for his solo show.

RIP

Had the pleasure of seeing Soundgarden a couple of times over the years. Chris was a vocal icon in rock music and Soundgarden (in some ways) a bit underappreciated. Can't believe he's gone. RIP Chris and thanks for some great tunes.

Rolling Stone saying Detroit police are investigating this as a possible suicide.

He is one of my favorites. Saw him in RI do a small acoustic show that was mind blowing. His range is unbelievable and when you look at his success over his career it is really impressive.

what a shame. I love Soundgarden. To this day a few of my all-time favorite songs.

Last edited:
potential suicide? just why.

You know i had hoped this wasn't drug or suicide related. Not that it changes anything for me personally, but he has kids, and has really continued to be a philanthropic person

What shocks me about this, if it is drugs or suicide, or both, is that he was absolutely devastated when he lost his best friend, Andrew Wood, to a heroin addiction and another friend, Kurt Cobain, to a suicide. Temple of the Dog was Chris' and Jeff Ament's tribute to Wood.

Now he can hang with Andy again. Gone to soon. RIP.

I remember an interview he gave where he said one of his vocal inspirations as a kid was Ann Wilson of Heart, and he tried to project the same raw power. They were a Seattle area band initially.

Damn this sucks. Oh Lord

Awful news, he was really talented, this kid I went to middle school with, his uncle was Soundgarden's manager.

Saw him play a solo show in Kingston NY a few years ago. Just him and his guitar. I still have chills from that show. Soundgarden was my all time favorite band, and was pretty much the soundtrack to my life beginning in 1988. So sad to hear this.
In interviews with his wife, she seems shocked. Was thrilled to be touring again, had just tweeted before the show that he was stoked, and then put on a hell of a show. Nothing seemed off. So sad. In shock.

Seems like a bunch of us got to see the acoustic tour he did. Him and seven guitars if I remember correctly. My wife surprised me with tickets. Such an amazing show. He had such talent.

Edit - just looked it up because I was curious, and I'm astounded to say the show I saw was in November 2011. Nearly 6 years ago! I can't believe that. This was the setlist.

I'm having a hard time with this one. He seemed like he had it all. Must have been some severe depression. Wonder if he and the wife were going through something...

Last edited:
Seems like a bunch of us got to see the acoustic tour he did. Him and seven guitars if I remember correctly. My wife surprised me with tickets. Such an amazing show. He had such talent.

I'm having a hard time with this one. He seemed like he had it all. Must have been some severe depression. Wonder if he and the wife were going through something...

Chris's family have now come out questioning whether prescription medicine may have contributed to his death. They're asking for the toxicology results before rushing to judge as to whether it was straight-up suicide.

My Favorite version of Nothing Compares to you. RIP Chris
1f61f.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom