Chuckwu At line lane violation help | Syracusefan.com

Chuckwu At line lane violation help

goodroc

Starter
Can someone explain what happened when chuckwu was at Line in 2nd half. He made First but on 2nd it appeared to be a lane violation and he made the foul shot.

I am almost certain they did not count the foul shot but gave us ball. I believe battle maybe howard hit a 3 quickly off inbounds.
Only thing i could think was that they ruled both teams simutansly had lane violations and we received ball on alternating possession.

I don’t ever recall seeing that and not sure why Chukwu wouldn’t shoot again. It worked out for us but they didn’t discuss on air and i was confused unless i missed something.

Thanks in Advance

Chukwu should stop pump faking on free throws. Smooth. One motion. Make it simple.

Chukwu should stop pump faking on free throws. Smooth. One motion. Make it simple.

Probably true, but OB needs to wait to come into the lane. He's unlikely to get an offensive rebound on a missed free throw and we took a point off the board on one play and took the ball out of the shooters hands on the other.

Weird. In FIBA, the only thing that cancels a made free throw is a shooter violation. I think the NCAA rule is the same, so here's a thought: maybe Chukwu violated?

Weird. In FIBA, the only thing that cancels a made free throw is a shooter violation. I think the NCAA rule is the same, so here's a thought: maybe Chukwu violated?

Then why did we get the ball out of bounds?

Then why did we get the ball out of bounds?

Don't know. Maybe the refs just kicked the call? That happens sometimes, you know. ;)

the double violation cancels the entire shot. a single violation gives you a do over or removes a make. you shouldnt be getting violations on your team mates shows. you know how they shooot

the double violation cancels the entire shot. a single violation gives you a do over or removes a make. you shouldnt be getting violations on your team mates shows. you know how they shooot

Well, if that's the rule it's a bad one, but then, so be it. Because if the shooter doesn't violate and the shot is good, where's the disadvantage?

I agree with this, but also understanding PC was 0-19 from the line in SU career going into last night I can understand why OB was anxious to get into the lane. Almost like the end of game situation where you are down more than one and intentionally missing to try to get a field goal.

I read some comments about teams using the rule to try and bait teams.. say you are up 2 and 1 shot is left and you know you have possession.. you jump in early, plays almost always follow, the shot gets taken away and you get the ball.. if the other team doesnt jump with you and he makes, nothing happens, if he misses he gets another try but you are still ahead and he still has to make it. but think about if its an intentional miss play, you take away the whole tip play as well..

OB and the rest of our guys have to know he has that hitch. Second game in a row we have jumped in too early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom