Class of 2015 - Chukwu will be eligibile next season but JIM and staff should -- | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Chukwu will be eligibile next season but JIM and staff should --

CaliCuse

All American
work hard to get Taurean in Orange. A front court of Thompson Chukwu and Lydon could sweep the boards at will and get the ball out to Richardson and Battle and Howard. Obviously Moyer will be a big factor in the front court. All three should have a strong inside offensive game. Maybe by then this program can once again be recognized as a national threat.

work hard to get Taurean in Orange. A front court of Thompson Chukwu and Lydon could sweep the boards at will and get the ball out to Richardson and Battle and Howard. Obviously Moyer will be a big factor in the front court. All three should have a strong inside offensive game. Maybe by then this program can once again be recognized as a national threat.

I'm more excited that we'll get to put 6 players on the court! That should definitely be a big help! ;)

I'm more excited that we'll get to put 6 players on the court! That should definitely be a big help! ;)
I think he meant that Moyer would help off the bench. lol

But overall, the man has a point. The idea of Chukwu (DC), TR-Thompson and Lydon-Moyer across the front line ... with Battle and MR (FH and KJ) up top will keep this board excited all summer (likely starters in bold).

I agree we need PF depth, but I don't know how much PT Roberson will be giving up as a senior; probably not much.

It wouldn't hurt either to get our claws on another Center sooner than later.

But overall, the man has a point. The idea of Chukwu (DC), TR-Thompson and Lydon-Moyer across the front line ... with Battle and MR (FH and KJ) up top will keep this board excited all summer (likely starters in bold).

Actually, Moyer would be the 7th player in the OP's lineup. That, I imagine would be extremely helpful!

Of course, I know what the OP meant, and I agree that Thompson is an important get, although I'm pretty sure that he'll be behind Moyer in the rotation.

Actually, Moyer would be the 7th player in the OP's lineup. That, I imagine would be extremely helpful!

Of course, I know what the OP meant, and I agree that Thompson is an important get, although I'm pretty sure that he'll be behind Moyer in the rotation.
Hmmm, interesting take. Thompson's reportedly 6'10". Moyer's more mobile, can drive (from what I've heard). Not sure about his handle or outside shot. But my very rough guess is that Moyer will back up Lydon at the 3, while Thompson and TR compete for time at the 4.

And as far as the 7 man lineup, I know we've played 5 on 8 many times, so maybe 7 will even things out. ;)

Do we have any backup options to Thompson at this point?

A few to look at 6'10 Jordy Tshimanga mass. 6'11 Jimbo Lull out of new haven, Ryan Gomes balitmore 6'10

Not saying they would help much as fresh but its always good to have options.

We definitely need to get more 7-footers. I'd like to toss a line-up out there with the "triple towers" across the back.

I seem to remember a Ryan Gomes who was pretty good. Maybe we should grab him?

2 Freshman Guards Don't get too excited

1- KJ is prob gone so we need another rotational guard, preferably someone who can play the 1
2- whether or not we get Thompson we should still be recruiting avail quality big men in case DC2 doesn't return
3- I love to potential rotations for next year but would like to see someone else added to the frontcourt besides Lydonwho can shoot from outside

5th year trannies anyone?

1- KJ is prob gone so we need another rotational guard, preferably someone who can play the 1
2- whether or not we get Thompson we should still be recruiting avail quality big men in case DC2 doesn't return
3- I love to potential rotations for next year but would like to see someone else added to the frontcourt besides Lydonwho can shoot from outside

5th year trannies anyone?

Trannies...

1 freshman guard, 2 sophmores, 1 junior.
One sophomore that's been playing SF all season and one sophomore who "can't do anything."

Kaleb's chances for suiting up for the Orange next season are slim and none.

One sophomore that's been playing SF all season and one sophomore who "can't do anything."

Kaleb's chances for suiting up for the Orange next season are slim and none.

Who's the sophomore who "can't do anything"?

Who's the sophomore who "can't do anything"?
Howard. What other sophomore guard is on the team next season?

"JB, in his presser said he played Franklin Howard for 14 minutes 'to see if he could do anything. It didn’t work.'"

Howard. What other sophomore guard is on the team next season?

"JB, in his presser said he played Franklin Howard for 14 minutes 'to see if he could do anything. It didn’t work.'"

JB loves hyperbole. Howard is capable and Malachi is a guard. You act like the transition from SF to SG is a big deal when it's probably the easiest positional transition (for a player who has played SG his whole life) to make. This still doesn't change the fact that "2 freshman guards" was just inaccurate.

Trannies...

rocky_horror_picture_show_movie_image_tim_curry_01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom