Chukwu... | Syracusefan.com

Chukwu...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Curious what people who have seen him think he is lacking in his offensive game. Is it that he is raw, not offensively skilled, not strong enough to seal off, or not offensively minded? I can't help but feel the guy is 7'2 and would be light years ahead in the going up strong department then anything we had last year on height alone.

I am counting on us being top 5 in freethrow attempts in the country next year. Also counting on watching teams ride our players bodies all the way from the perimeter, which is going to hopefully open a few doors for some stress reduction methods for us all.

Last edited:
Chuckwu, yo he aint got nuttin to prove, to paraphrase Fu Schnickens. I wonder if he can at least draw some fouls, and if being he started his career elsewhere, maybe not have to SU foul shooting curse?
Fu Schnickens reference. Awesome.

I expect a lot of comparisons to Olajuwon.

They're both around 7' tall.

They both play the center position.

They're both Nigerian.

They're both going to be a "nightmare" in some sort of respect.
Funniest post I've seen in quite awhile! :rolling:

. Also counting on watching teams ride our players bodies all the way from the perimeter,

download.jpg

Dave85 said:
I thought someone coming up with "Pikachu" as a nickname was pretty funny. I can hear JB saying, "Pikachu, I choose you" to put him into the game.

Thank you

I expect a lot of comparisons to Olajuwon.

They're both around 7' tall.

They both play the center position.

They're both Nigerian.

They're both going to be a "nightmare" in some sort of respect.

You just made my night with that comparison.

I'm fully expecting Chukwu to average 6 blocks a game, and score by accident once out of every ten times he touches the ball.
Does a block count as "touching the ball"?

Chakka on Chukwu...heard he is progressing quite well learning the zone according to staff (2nd hand info). People in the know (albeit 2nd hand) says that he "alters" many more shots than he blocks...he will get his fair share of blocks too. Still kinda skinny and needs to build up a bit. You guys know this but worth repeating that the zone gets so much better when you have that 7 foot or more presence in the middle of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom