Clapping before first made basket? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clapping before first made basket?

do you like the clapping tradition?

• Total voters
Yeah, I like it. The Dome is a unique venue and the standing clap is a unique tradition... I used to get a kick out of the Dome Ranger back in the 80's. Was that just one guy who was given latitude to do that and he just 'retired'?

The I believe we will win became popular after the USA-World Cup in Brazil 2014.

The We are in Penn State IMO. The student section brings energy they can do whatever they want as Chancellor Cantor killed the band doing the Hey Song.

I am way more concerned with PA guy over the students or traditions. He talks way too much and wants to make himself more of the game atmosphere that is 1. required of a PA 2. hear his own voice.

He needs to be told stop talking and just announce players who score. If I can notice you it means you are bad. Just like the Louisville PA guy is awful after every made 3 point shot. He is annoying.

My high school was doing i believe we will win back in early 00s. That chant is older than that too.

Brooky03 said:
Okay, so I am apparently alone in that I don't hear him much at the games. Is it the 'Deuce for the Cuse' and 'Threeeeeeee for Trevorrrrr Coooooooneyyyyyyy' things that bug people or something else?
Shove from above
Swish for triche
Thunder from down under

It's all terrible. And who named him mr excitement? I'm guessing he did.

The I believe we will win became popular after the USA-World Cup in Brazil 2014.

The We are in Penn State IMO. The student section brings energy they can do whatever they want as Chancellor Cantor killed the band doing the Hey Song.

I am way more concerned with PA guy over the students or traditions. He talks way too much and wants to make himself more of the game atmosphere that is 1. required of a PA 2. hear his own voice.

He needs to be told stop talking and just announce players who score. If I can notice you it means you are bad. Just like the Louisville PA guy is awful after every made 3 point shot. He is annoying.
I know it started at Navy we learned at that World Cup last year. It just became more popular after the USMNT/Uncle Sam's Army used it in Brazil. Then it was mainstream and copied a lot.

If Veley cut back on talking too much it would help. The guy bleeds Orange but loves hearing himself talk during games. JB gave him a death glare and pounded the table when in Feb. 2014 against Notre Dame he announced Cooney was 1 3 pt. shot away from the school record after he made a 3 because he rightfully realized Cooney would gun to tie the record which he didn't do but took shots he shouldn't have.

Veley needs to be put on a word diet. Just announce the player who scored. Stop announcing the score after EVERY made bucket and announcing 1/2 FTs by whomever, announcing stats after scores. He talks too much but he is loyal to SU I don't want him gone just talking less. At a FB game in 2007 he announced the holder on a FG attempt who wasn't typically the holder and it alerted the WVU coaches we doing something and our fake was stopped. Now I don't blame Veley 100% but he announcing it didn't help the freaking situation. He loves the sound of his voice. That gets annoying when you are a PA guy and not a Play-by-Play guy.
I'm from the "less is more" school, so I agree with you about Veley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom