Clapping before first made basket? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clapping before first made basket?

do you like the clapping tradition?

• Total voters
Keep it. We have such few traditions anyways.

Besides, it's a student tradition that's been handed down since the Manley Days.

The last thing we need are non-alumni interfering with student affairs. Just another reason to kill student interest.

EXACTLY

I like the idea but it should be reversed. Clap until the OPPONENT scores. The longer we clap, the more people notice (and the team) that they haven't scored a basket. Why would we want to sort of mock ourselves if we start the game slow? I generally like to clap when good things happen, not when we are struggling to score.

I don't like it only because it seems to be the only intensity inside the dome during the entire game.

Clap clap clap clap clap, we score, then everybody is sitting on their hands the rest of the game. And don't dare to stand up or or cheer too loudly because the people around you might get mad.

Get rid of it, put the students around the court and let's start all this over again and turn the dome into a real atmosphere.

I don't like it only because it seems to be the only intensity inside the dome during the entire game.

Clap clap clap clap clap, we score, then everybody is sitting on their hands the rest of the game. And don't dare to stand up or or cheer too loudly because the people around you might get mad.

Get rid of it, put the students around the court and let's start all this over again and turn the dome into a real atmosphere.

The dome really is a mediocre HCA unless it's a marquee game where we can get 30k in there. But I guess that's a separate topic.

The dome really is a mediocre HCA unless it's a marquee game where we can get 30k in there. But I guess that's a separate topic.

That's true pretty much everywhere.

That's true pretty much everywhere.

Even when we're at full capacity, the crowd is further from the court, and there's a LOT more empty space than elsewhere.

Even when we're at full capacity, the crowd is further from the court, and there's a LOT more empty space than elsewhere.

True, but I don't think that impacts crowd involvement.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Keep it, it's a tradition BUT find a way to bring everyone back on board w it. Right now it's pretty lame, many folks not participating, off beat (agree to fast mostly cuz no rhythm set by band & cheerleaders from the start...

If stop it- replace w something. After traveling to many away venues I have to say we are pretty pathetic when it comes to chant/cheers.

It's looked worse the last few seasons since we've been so anemic offensively generally. The waits in some 2H games for the first FG have been rough. I don't mind the tradition per se.

Mr. Excitement kills me every time I attend a game live. I go 2-3 times a year but talks WAY TOO MUCH. Just call the scores this isn't radio we don't need the score announced after every score and when somebody makes a free throw you don't say 1-2 Fts by the shooter.

I loved when he announced Cooney's career high in 3's and JB wanted to smack him. The guy TALKS like he is doing PBP.

Yeah, he's a joke of a PA guy. Is he untouchable or something for crying out loud?! I would have him long gone before removing the clap tradition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom