Classy words from Triche on Facebook | Syracusefan.com

Classy words from Triche on Facebook

Eric15

Living Legend
I'm heartbroken. Syracuse gave me everything, I could only hope to return the favor. I'm sorry to who we let down, but this year was special to us from the start. My 4 years included a lot of hardships, but also so much success. I'm gunna miss this place so much. I'm gunna miss the fans even more. You all are amazing. Thank you so much for supporting me throughout my years at Cuse. I love you coach Boeheim, all the coaches I've had at Cuse and all my teammates. Thank you. And shut it down Cuse. Once a Syracuse Orange, always a Syracuse Orange.

You gotta love having a kid like Brandon on the team, his attitude, and watching him become the player he became. I'm really going to miss the guy. Regardless of whatever talent replaces him, it will be hard to replace the person he was on and off the court.

You could count on BT to dribble off his foot once per game, but goddamn I always felt confident when he had the ball even when he was a Frosh.

He made the right decision 98% of the time and always looked like he belonged on the court.

He had a steady calming influence and I'm going miss having a rock solid contributer like that for four seasons. A lot guys will be good for a season or two, but very few are good from day 1 through the last day for four years.

121-25. That's our record with Brandon as a starter. Two outright Big East championships. A Sweet 16, Elite 8 and Final Four. What an incredible run.
Absolutely ridiculous success the past 4 years. And to everyone saying this recent run can't be a true golden age of Cuse Hoops without a final four run, can now shush, because we did in fact do just that.

The consummate Orange. Love BT and it will be a real shame to not see him around anymore. Hopefully he sticks in the league for while, and eventually finds his way back to Cuse in some way down the line.

I'm heartbroken. Syracuse gave me everything, I could only hope to return the favor. I'm sorry to who we let down, but this year was special to us from the start. My 4 years included a lot of hardships, but also so much success. I'm gunna miss this place so much. I'm gunna miss the fans even more. You all are amazing. Thank you so much for supporting me throughout my years at Cuse. I love you coach Boeheim, all the coaches I've had at Cuse and all my teammates. Thank you. And shut it down Cuse. Once a Syracuse Orange, always a Syracuse Orange.

Not sure who he let down. The kid played at a level most of the population can't even approach or understand. And I emphasize the fact that he is a kid. It was frustrating that we didn't get past Michigan but we as fans will have next year. I am sure Brandon will have a great future no matter what he does.

it's crazy to me that Brandon is a senior. I feel like he was a freshmen last year. I'm getting old

People here just hammered this kid for all four years of his record breaking career. How could we have anything but love for the only player in Syracuse history to average over 30 wins a year (starting in every last one of them), who was on two different teams ranked #1 in the nation, and a different team that went to the final four. A hometown kid who stayed home and made our favorite team better during its best stretch ever. I love Brandon for everything he did and I hope he is viewed as one of the great contributors to come through this program.

He should have had his chance at the line to keep our Championship run alive. Must be tough to stomach a loss like that, especially for a senior. I was hard on him during our losing streak but he balled out towards the end of the year. Respect.

I'm happy to have watched this kid for 4 years, even if there were moments where I wanted to pull my hair out. It was a pleasure to have rooted for him, watched him grow and saw how he represented the University these 4 years. He was fantastic at the podium during this Tourney, representing himself and SU so, so well. He worked his tail off and was a rock for the program. I really enjoy watching four year kids like him and feel quite sad when their careers come to an end. Great kid.

I would love to see Brandon and Dion in one of those strong man challenges. They are both built like trucks. Brandon is one of the most physically built college basketball players I've ever seen. If he had been born with GMac's natural confidence, there would have been no one to stop him.

I respect the hell out the kid for the effort and dedication the past four years. But no doubt he left a lot to be desired, and maybe that's JB's fault for the high expectations he had of him from day 1. Either way, I'll take a high character player like Brandon all day if he stays and produces all 4 years over many of these one and done players.

I wish him well and fully expect him to have a successful future in professional basketball, wherever that may be.

Thank you Brandon. Much success to you in the future. You were a key figure in the brightest 4 consecutive years of SU basketball. You will always be remembered for that.

So many reasons to admire Brandon Triche -- not only the records for wins, 4 years as a starter, 3 regionals, 1 FF. He brought toughness on defense, inside finishes on either side, strong rebounding for a guard. Also the good grace to share the guard position last season, without complaint. Always a great teammate and solid citizen. Best to BT for success in all paths.

People here just hammered this kid for all four years of his record breaking career. How could we have anything but love for the only player in Syracuse history to average over 30 wins a year (starting in every last one of them), who was on two different teams ranked #1 in the nation, and a different team that went to the final four. A hometown kid who stayed home and made our favorite team better during its best stretch ever. I love Brandon for everything he did and I hope he is viewed as one of the great contributors to come through this program.

I'm one of the people who levied criticism at Triche for four years but I'd like to think I gave him equal credit for his successes. Either way, I found him something of a frustrating player to watch, but feel he was a victim of expectations he never set.

Regardless, a key cog in a golden era of cuse hoops and hard to argue with his classiness, particularly in a day and age when -- at least for me as a skeptic -- most involved in big-time hoops seem selfish, egotistical and disconnected from the real world. The kid seems to have a great head on his shoulders, which no doubt served him well as a really good player for four years and will continue to serve him well in his future endeavors -- hoops and otherwise (which, of course, is what we all hope these kids get after 4 years on the hill).

Reading this thread, I feel like some people think Triche has died...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom