Clemson entrace | Syracusefan.com

Clemson entrace

It is bad ass. I will go to the SU-Clemson game down there next year for two reasons. 1) To see the 'Cuse play. 2) To see that entrance. Awesome.

*entrance

Wow. That is what college football is all about. Amazing to be part of a conference that has teams that care this much about football.
I just rewound that twice. Impressive.

That was pretty damn cool.

I had a friend who played at Clemson in the 90s, and I visited there during spring practice. Actually tossed the football around on the field, and ran down the hill. Very cool stadium.

*entrance

Wow. That is what college football is all about. Amazing to be part of a conference that has teams that care this much about football.
Yet when I (and some others) suggested (I posted a video) last recruiting season that moments like that might have a small part (sarcasm) in luring the top NY recruit in that direction people with Orange glasses laughed at the notion that moments like that are dumb reasons for kids to pick a school (when they are actually picking a football program).

Yet when I (and some others) suggested (I posted a video) last recruiting season that moments like that might have a small part (sarcasm) in luring the top NY recruit in that direction people with Orange glasses laughed at the notion that moments like that are dumb reasons for kids to pick a school (when they are actually picking a football program).

First thing i thought as well. How the hell do we compete with that?

Wow, wow, I mean WOW...what a way to get team and fans up for the game...amazing and fun. Have been to Death Valley several times and it is an experience...actually we got our Hill...maybe...oh just a thought!

It's Good to Be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

You don't and you realize that most top 200 recruits are seeing moments like that on more than one recruiting visit. So you go after the very solid next tier of kids and trust that you can develop them.

And then you walk down to the basketball offices and understand that in basketball, SU is Clemson football with 30K+ crowds and every game on TV.

And you accept SU's position in the college sports universe with regard to football.

Watching this game makes me more and more concerned about our WR position.

No wonder the world is running out of helium, impressive

Didn't we beat Clemson a while back in a bowl 41-0? Clemson had the same tradition back then. Trust me, the fanfare is not nearly the same when Wake Forest comes to town for a 12:00 noon game.

So is that Clemson WR

One of my claims to fame is guarding him in one of my final high school basketball games. He is a pure athlete through and through, but I locked him down when I was on him. ;)

Didn't we beat Clemson a while back in a bowl 41-0? Clemson had the same tradition back then. Trust me, the fanfare is not nearly the same when Wake Forest comes to town for a 12:00 noon game.

For a noon wake game you will still get 80k with the same entrance and fans going nuts. It wont be quite as crazy but its still nuts. To be honest though we did set the Death Valley attendance record last night with 84,334.

This is what makes college football awesome.

It's a shame SU fans are totally oblivious to it.

This is what makes college football awesome.

It's a shame SU fans are totally oblivious to it.

What makes you think SU fans are oblivious to it? Maybe the SU administration is oblivious to it.

What makes you think SU fans are oblivious to it? Maybe the SU administration is oblivious to it.

our fans aren't savvy football fans. it has nothing to do with the administration. they are a different breed down south. even so, everything changes once you start winning. if we can win big consistently for a prolonged period of time you get excitement back around the program.

Now, do you really think we can create that kind of atmosphere at SU? That's why they can recruit the way they do. No comparison!

wow, just watched this on youtube.
you cannot invent tradition. not sure we could ever create anything like what clemson has.
still...doesn't mean they're unbeatable.

*entrance

Yeah but our basketball fans stand and clap until we score, even if it's 6 minutes into the game and we are down 15-0, and everyone looks and feels like a schmuck because of it.

That's tradition!

Fans make traditions.
Complaining about why things aren't fun for our fans is apparently a tradition of our fan base.

Its not about what SU does for you for you too have a good time, it's on us to make it.