Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

i don't drink
Maybe you should start
Listen, I don't disagree at all that they aren't the team they've had in the past. But I think they're almost as good as the top 2 maybe 3 teams. As much as Clemson isn't as dominate in areas as they have been in the past, there are still very few teams definitely better than them.

I would also add to your argument that it's possible the new coaches aren't at the same level as in the past. Doesn't mean they won't get there but they're not there yet.

agreed, they don’t have the QB or big time receivers but they are still loaded with talent every where
For all the talk of them dominating us in the second half they only scored 17 on us. It just so happened that we scored 0. And the defense gave up 10 in the first half and scored 7 themselves. They asked the offense for just 20 points of offense all game and couldn’t get it against the #5 school

they dominated us on defense for sure. Zero answers.

Maybe you should start

agreed, they don’t have the QB or big time receivers but they are still loaded with talent every where

they dominated us on defense for sure. Zero answers.
I disagree. Our defense came up big when it mattered and left us with a chance to win the game with the final drive. No defense can remain perfect when you were as bad on offense as we were in the second half

I disagree. Our defense came up big when it mattered and left us with a chance to win the game with the final drive. No defense can remain perfect when you were as bad on offense as we were in the second half

meant the Clemson d dominated us, cuse d was great.

For all the talk of them dominating us in the second half they only scored 17 on us. It just so happened that we scored 0. And the defense gave up 10 in the first half and scored 7 themselves. They asked the offense for just 20 points of offense all game and couldn’t get it against the #5 school

Exactly THIS.

The MOB played lights out, and did more than enough to win us this game - including a scoop-six!!!!

O scored 2 TD’s, and o-fer the 2nd half.
In spite of being gifted the ball by the D several times.

And in spite of all that, AND a coupla BAD calls by the zebras -
We had the ball and were driving with a chance to win the game at the end.

IF anybody told me we’d be in that position. on the road in a packed Death Valley vs the undefeated #5 team riding a 37 game home win streak -
You take that 44 out of 44 times.

There are lots of positives to take away from this, in spite of the L.

We need to hammer the Irish on Sat in front of a packed Loud House, and get our winning mojo back again in a big way.
LFGO!!!!

Exactly THIS.

The MOB played lights out, and did more than enough to win us this game - including a scoop-six!!!!

O scored 2 TD’s, and o-fer the 2nd half.
In spite of being gifted the ball by the D several times.

And in spite of all that, AND a coupla BAD calls by the zebras -
We had the ball and were driving with a chance to win the game at the end.

IF anybody told me we’d be in that position. on the road in a packed Death Valley vs the undefeated #5 team riding a 37 game home win streak -
You take that 44 out of 44 times.

There are lots of positives to take away from this, in spite of the L.

We need to hammer the Irish on Sat in front of a packed Loud House, and get our winning mojo back again in a big way.
LFGO!!!!
It's true, a win vs. ND takes most of the sting out of this loss. Come out of ND with those good vibes feelings again.

Last edited:
Our D has been amazing. The amount of backups we’ve had play and play really well is incredible. That doesn’t happen here and it is. We’ve recruited that side of the ball incredibly well. Wish we recruited the other side even a little better.

Our D has been amazing. The amount of backups we’ve had play and play really well is incredible. That doesn’t happen here and it is. We’ve recruited that side of the ball incredibly well. Wish we recruited the other side even a little better.

D was excellent yesterday even being stuck on the field for most of the 2nd half. The teams a good pass rushing DE away from being one of the best in SU history

He wasn’t. Safety moved up once that ball left Shraders hand. It looked that way because the camera panned in. Safety breaks up that throw to Jackson every time.
that throw would have won the game. No way that safety recovers cause he knew OG was getting the ball. Wouldn’t have been close either.

D was excellent yesterday even being stuck on the field for most of the 2nd half. The teams a good pass rushing DE away from being one of the best in SU history

Yeah, those guys gave everything. You could see how exhausted they were especially the Dline and LB’s. You can’t ask for more than they gave, they did more than I would have expected. Incredible game by them.

this mentality that the Irish are just going to roll over, or that we’ll take out our frustrations on them is just folly. The team is banged up and emotionally spent. Our margins for success are razor thin until we develop more depth.

Let’s hope they can gut out a win.

that throw would have won the game. No way that safety recovers cause he knew OG was getting the ball. Wouldn’t have been close either.

Sorry but you’re completely wrong. The safety wasn’t even looking or playing gadsden. Wasn’t even his assignment. He was covering the supposedly wide open guy that was actually covered by 2 guys in zone. 1 guy let’s the WR go per his assignment and the safety is just waiting for GS to throw to him and break it up. He’s at least 20 yards from Gadsden, he had zero intention of leaving the end zone

Sorry but you’re completely wrong. The safety wasn’t even looking or playing gadsden. Wasn’t even his assignment. He was covering the supposedly wide open guy that was actually covered by 2 guys in zone. 1 guy let’s the WR go per his assignment and the safety is just waiting for GS to throw to him and break it up. He’s at least 20 yards from Gadsden, he had zero intention of leaving the end zone
I just rewatched it and it 1 was closer than I thought but still would have been a td in the corner. If inside throw 1 could get there but outside corner could have worked. No matter now though lol.

I just rewatched it and it 1 was closer than I thought but still would have been a td in the corner. If inside throw 1 could get there but outside corner could have worked. No matter now though lol.
Said this in another response but the QB has to trust the receiver in that situation as well and Jackson has not been the same guy this season as he was last season. Not saying that is definitely the reason why, just highlighting it as a possibility. You feed the rock to receivers who consistently catch the rock. This year Jackson has been inconsistent. Perhaps it’s because Jackson is not in the slot as much or something, not sure but he is not catching with the same certainty he did last year.

Said this in another response but the QB has to trust the receiver in that situation as well and Jackson has not been the same guy this season as he was last season. Not saying that is definitely the reason why, just highlighting it as a possibility. You feed the rock to receivers who consistently catch the rock. This year Jackson has been inconsistent. Perhaps it’s because Jackson is not in the slot as much or something, not sure but he is not catching with the same certainty he did last year.
I'm cautiously optimistic that Jackson's first season in the rotation he looked a bit lost, then last season he settled in pretty well at the slot. This season he doesn't quite look the same on the outside. Hopefully next season he looks good there. Might be a guy that just needs a while to lock in to his role.

Before our FG attempt on that first drive I thought it was a perfect chance to fake it.

Our STs have been better this year than the debacle of 2021 but have they been as good as the Lustig units? We have done a great job at blocking FG/PATs, but overall is it better? I feel like we are solid but not a weapon. Really would like to see a big return.

Zach from the NY Post.

Reminds me I have some fish to wrap.
He's a clown. Did a story a few years ago and listed all NYC- northern NJ players in the NCAAs and completely omitted Tyus Battle. It was one of the years we went to the S16. Doesn't do his homework, lazy.

Last edited:
He wasn’t. Safety abandoned deep half once the throw to the curl was thrown. Trust me.
Couldn't tell when I watched it in realtime. If safety peeled off after ball was thrown still may have won the one on one battle. Don't agree with the throw he made obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom